6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 1:40 PM by iowaGuy

Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)

iowaGuy Level 1

Hello all,

I went through a timeline scrubber tutorial and got it all figured out, but now i want to add to it. I have it setup to scrub between 1-15 on the stage, then when you load the external.swf i want the red numbers to sync up with the grey ones on load and when scrubbing the timeline.

example here:http://www.energycation.com/sample.zip  ... i have spent many hours searching and trying and decided that coming here was the best option!

also... i need to accomplish it exactly like i have it laid out, so suggestions are welcome but we are set on this path.

thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

are you looking to hire someone to do this?

• 2. Re: Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)
            iowaGuy Level 1

Thanks for responding kglad, I came to the forum for advice, help, direction, etc (even put "help" in the title) as i would like to learn how to accomplish this on my own. I attached the files because i was having a hard time explaining what i was looking for and figured this would make it easier. But if you have a solution that you are looking to sell instead of help what is your price?

thanks

• 3. Re: Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)

you're unlikely to get free help unless you post the issue and usually the appropriate code.  (and there can't be too much code or most of use won't wade through it.)

but if there's not much relevant code (say, less than 20 lines) you can get lots of free help here.  and, unless you're in a hurry (or there is a lot of code), i wouldn't give up on free help, yet.

• 4. Re: Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)
                iowaGuy Level 1

i was able to figure out the problem, just wasn't paying attention. Thanks for the posting tip, giving the code would have made this a simple catch rather then making people download. lesson learned!

Just for fun, below is the demo i am working on, as of right now you can only look at 1 truck, a few colors, and 2 add ons... there will be many more 360 viewable options to come! check back and i would love to hear feedback/thoughts (hopefully that is cool to ask for here)

http://www.qagraphics.com/garage/master.swf

thanks again!

• 5. Re: Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)

you're welcome.

and asking for feedback is ok.  when you're ready ask for opinions.  (but so far, the color change looks like it will be well-done once you remove the delay and the light color that appears before the actual chosen color.)

• 6. Re: Timeline Scrubber help (AS2)
                    iowaGuy Level 1

Thanks for the feedback, still have a ton of work to do and the delays are on the top of the list haha... this is just in the early stages, but figured I would share what my problem was going to be used for. I will definitely be looking for feedback once I am in the final stages.

again thanks and have a good afternoon!