1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2009 1:23 PM by Harm Millaard

AVI file issue?

I shot some video clips using a Nikon Coolpix L18 camera. The resulting files are in *.avi format. When I go to the Media Browser panel and import these files into the Project panel they show up in the Project panel fine. When I drag one of the files to the Source panel to begin working with it, I can hear the audio track playing, but the video remains on the first frame. I've contacted Nikon about obtaining the proper codec and they tell me that their avi files ought to work seamlessly in all Adobe products, as they use Adobe as their reference software. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John

• 1. Re: AVI file issue?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

jmj1776 wrote:

I shot some video clips using a Nikon Coolpix L18 camera. .... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John

Using the wrong tool. You use a digital STILL camera for video, like using a boat to go from Vegas to LA. A car would be easier. Same here, use a VIDEO camera for video, use a STILL camera for stills. Since you made your first mistake already, maybe you can compensate this error by converting your material to DV AVI type2 before importing. The NIKON remark does not make any sense. I would throw that on the heap of misinformed call center personnel, utter BS.