5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 7:49 PM by Sean_Wilson

Issues with Upgrade to Dir 11.5 on Mac, please help

Hello,

I upgraded my Mac to Director 11.5 from 2004 MX today. When I open an existing dir file, it prompted my if I wanted to upgrade the file to Director 11.5 version. I went ahaead with it. It then asked me to make a backup of the existing file  and I clicked ok. Then it gave me an error saying 'Error creating the Valentina.cst file', and I dont know what that means. Why will it give an error on upgrading the file version? How do I fix it? I thought it might have to do with the user account I am logged in the Mac but then even changing it to admin account gives same error. This is an Intel based Mac running OSX 10.5.6

I made a similar upgrade on a PC last week and it gave me the same prompt to upgrade the dir file version and that all went smooth.

I am working on a really delayed project so the sooner I resolve this issue and get back on track, the happier I wil be. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

vsingh

[Moved from Japanese Forum]

• 1. Re: Issues with Upgrade to Dir 11.5 on Mac, please help
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Presumably your "Valentina.cst" file is an external castLib? Can you unlink the castLib from your Director file prior to upgrading and update the cast file separately and then relink it? What does it contain? Can you update the files on a PC with the trial version since it seems to work there?

• 2. Re: Issues with Upgrade to Dir 11.5 on Mac, please help
            Level 1

Sean,

Thanks for your email. I logged in as the Admin on this mac and was able

to compile the file without the problem I had when I was not logged in

as admin. I didn't expect it to behave so differently.

I have run into another issue. I am trying to build a package using the

Dir 11.5 but I am getting a bunch of dll errors. This is all on the mac,

and the developer Tools are installed on that mac already so that is not

it. The errors look like this:

/Users/devadmin/Desktop/install_vcomponents_v4md_v4

/Users/devadmin/Desktop/MyApp/Init_Shutdown.app

install_name_tool: for architecture ppc object:

/Users/devadmin/Desktop/MyApp/Init_Shutdown.app/Contents/vcomponents/lib

vshared_fat_release.dylib malformed object (unknown load command 4)

vkernel_fat_release.dylib malformed object (unknown load command 4)

vclient_fat_release.dylib malformed object (unknown load command 4)

Does this sound related to the way it is building the application

package? DO I have to change some publish settings for this to work

right? If yes, then what are they?

Thanks

Vansh

• 3. Re: Issues with Upgrade to Dir 11.5 on Mac, please help

Yes, I read your message on the Valentina list - I suggest you wait for Ruslan's help. It's unlikely anyone here will be able to help as you seem to be having issues with Valentina's automated build/deployment script. Did you look inside the application bundle that D11.5 published - assuming it creates a .app bundle?

• 4. Re: Issues with Upgrade to Dir 11.5 on Mac, please help
                Level 1

I did look into the application package and it does have the vcomponents

folder in it. But since something went wrong and I got all those error

messages, it didn't complete the process successfully.

So now when I rename the vcomponents folder on my mac, it gives me error

when I run the program. This is because it cant find the path anymore to

the vcomponents. Had the script run ok, then my application would run

fine because everything it needs would be in itself already packaged.

• 5. Re: Issues with Upgrade to Dir 11.5 on Mac, please help

So did you try a manual locate-and-copy all the files reported in the error messages?