1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2009 8:23 AM by Mylenium

Questions about a tutorial

Hello,

I'm new with a EA and I want to make an Typography video. Now I have found this nice tutorial: http://ae.tutsplus.com/tutorials/motion-graphics/design-rhythmic-motion-typ... But I have a few questions about it. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

At 4:06 (minute) he start to make the font bigger but he does that in the panel itself why I have to do right mouse click - transform - scale. His way is much easier but he does not explain how I can do that. I tried double clicking on the layer and everything but I do not get that scale thing. Could please somebody tell me how that is done?

At 7:56 (minute) He start to animate but I do not get the "HERE" part flying in at all. Could you please explain me how this is done, step by step because the guy explaining goes way to fast.

Thank you for helping me.

Ryan

• 1. Re: Questions about a tutorial
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Ryann08012 wrote:

At 4:06 (minute) he start to make the font bigger but he does that in the panel itself why I have to do right mouse click - transform - scale. His way is much easier but he does not explain how I can do that. I tried double clicking on the layer and everything but I do not get that scale thing. Could please somebody tell me how that is done?

You reveal the scale property with th S shortcut. more shortcuts --> Timeline shortcuts in AE

Ryann08012 wrote:

At 7:56 (minute) He start to animate but I do not get the "HERE" part flying in at all. Could you please explain me how this is done, step by step because the guy explaining goes way to fast.

a) Turn your layer into a 3D layer

b) Reveal the position property as per the first question

c) Enable the stopwatch

d) Move the layer at different times to create motion

More --> Animation and Keyframes

Mylenium