Did you remember to close FW and reload it after trashing the prefs file?
yep... in fact I quit FW before trashing the prefs. Are you saying that that should have worked? Just to make sure, I trashed the entrire contents of User>Library>Preferences>Adobe Fireworks CS4... right?
These are the steps that should be followed:
Restore default preferences
- Quit Fireworks.
- Locate the Fireworks Preferences file on your hard disk and delete it.
The exact location of this file varies from system to system.
- In Windows, preferences are in your user-specific Fireworks configuration folder.
- Windows [Drive]:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS#\English\
- In Mac OS, preferences are in the Library/Preferences folder in your user folder. For information about locating your Mac OS user folder, see Apple Help.
- Mac [User]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Fireworks CS#/en/Fireworks Preferences
- Note: On Mac OS, most Fireworks user-specific configuration files are stored in your user-specific Application Support folder.
The Fireworks CS4 Preferences file is an exception.
- 3. Restart Fireworks.
- The next time Fireworks is launched, a new preferences file will be created that restores Fireworks to its original configuration.
Throwing away the preference files in the user's /Library/Preferences/Adobe Fireworks CS#/en/Fireworks Preferences folder did nothing.
Every time I open a file it tucks the top left of the window up under the tools panel and the Application Bar. I have to tear them apart if I want o get at my file's title bar or move it in any way.
No one else is getting this issue? Weird thing, I had this with the beta version, but assumed they fixed it because it went away with the re-install of the official release... but, now it's back.
Thanks -- Don