4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2009 5:40 PM by Donok

FW CS4 Mac: Top left of window lost under Tools Panel and Application Bar

Donok Level 1

Hello!

Somehow Fireworks started opening all my windows pushed to the top left, and tucked under the tools panel and the new Applications Bar - the only way to move windows, is to un-snap the bars and pull them off of the top of the screen -- really annoying.  I tried throwing out FW CS4's prefs files - no help.  Changing the view mode - no help...

Help?

• 1. Re: FW CS4 Mac: Top left of window lost under Tools Panel and Application Bar
          Linda Nicholls Level 4

Did you remember to close FW and reload it after trashing the prefs file?

• 2. Re: FW CS4 Mac: Top left of window lost under Tools Panel and Application Bar
            Donok Level 1

yep... in fact I quit FW before trashing the prefs.  Are you saying that that should have worked?  Just to make sure, I trashed the entrire contents of User>Library>Preferences>Adobe Fireworks CS4... right?

Thanks, Don

• 3. Re: FW CS4 Mac: Top left of window lost under Tools Panel and Application Bar
              Nadia-P Level 5

These are the steps that should be followed:

Restore default preferences

• Quit Fireworks.
              • Locate the Fireworks      Preferences file on your hard disk and delete it.
                The exact location of this file varies from system to system.

• In Windows, preferences are      in your user-specific Fireworks configuration folder.

•     Windows [Drive]:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Adobe\Fireworks CS#\English\

• In Mac OS, preferences are in      the Library/Preferences folder in your user folder. For information about      locating your Mac OS user folder, see Apple Help.

• Mac              [User]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Fireworks CS#/en/Fireworks Preferences

• Note: On Mac OS, most      Fireworks user-specific configuration files are stored in your      user-specific Application Support folder.

The Fireworks CS4 Preferences file is an exception.

• 3.  Restart Fireworks.
              • The next time Fireworks is launched, a new preferences      file will be created that restores Fireworks to its original      configuration.
              • 4. Re: FW CS4 Mac: Top left of window lost under Tools Panel and Application Bar
                Donok Level 1

Throwing away the preference files in the user's /Library/Preferences/Adobe Fireworks CS#/en/Fireworks Preferences folder did nothing.

Every time I open a file it tucks the top left of the window up under the tools panel and the Application Bar.  I have to tear them apart if I want o get at my file's title bar or move it in any way.

No one else is getting this issue?  Weird thing, I had this with the beta version, but assumed they fixed it because it went away with the re-install of the official release... but, now it's back.

Ideas?

Thanks -- Don