2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 23, 2009 2:55 PM by insuractive

Webservice Result - from asp

invoking this webservice returns this complex object - instead of the xml results expected.

any ideas what is wrong with the ws call?  or is the problem with the 3rd party webservice?

<cfinvoke
         webservice="http://utilities.learnlive.com/feedretrieval/Service.asmx?WSDL"
         method="GetProgramFeed"
         returnvariable="w_result"
        >
         <cfinvokeargument name="company_id" value="1660">
         <cfinvokeargument name="type_id" value="1">
         <cfinvokeargument name="start_date" value="">
         <cfinvokeargument name="end_date" value="">

</cfinvoke>

object of com.learnlive.www.GetProgramFeedResponseGetProgramFeedResult
      Class Namecom.learnlive.www.GetProgramFeedResponseGetProgramFeedResult
      Methods
      Method Return Type
      equals(java.lang.Object)boolean
      getDeserializer(java.lang.String, java.lang.Class, javax.xml.namespace.QName)org.apache.axis.encoding.Deserializer
      getSerializer(java.lang.String, java.lang.Class, javax.xml.namespace.QName)org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer
      getTypeDesc()
      get_any()org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement[]
      hashCode()int
      set_any(org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement[])void

• 1. Re: Webservice Result - from asp
          insuractive Level 3

My guess is your remote web service is actually returning a complex object as a response instead of a simple XML string - very common for .NET web service developers unfortunately, but a pain in the neck for us CF folks.  There are two solutions- either handle retrieving your data from the object using its built-in properties/methods (take a look at the WSDL for tips) or if you are on good terms with the web service developer, see if they can set you up with a method that does the same thing, but returns a simpe data type.

• 2. Re: Webservice Result - from asp
            insuractive Level 3

Actually, now that I look closer at the WSDL, I'm wonding if its the <s:any /> type of the response element that is causing issues - you might want to look into whether or not CF has problems retrieving data that has been typed to xsd:any.