2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2008 1:01 PM by Janell1

Could my clients use Contribute

Janell1
      Hi,
      I just learned about Contribute as one of my clients wants to maintain her own website. Since that is one of the conditions for the job, of course I have to figure out how to do that for her. If I design a whole website using Dreamweaver as I usually do, will she be able to change out the images and text herself using Contribute? Is Contriube hard to learn and will I have to buy (!) the application too? If I use Javascript where you click on a series of thumbnail images and they appear below, will she be able to change and add to that also?
      Thanks,
      Janell
        • 1. Re: Could my clients use Contribute
          Level 7

> If I design a whole website using
          > Dreamweaver as I usually do, will she be able to change out the images and
          > text
          > herself using Contribute?

yes

Is Contriube hard to learn and will I have to buy
          > (!) the application too?

It's not bad to learn.
          You wouldn't need to buy it for yourself- you could create a "connection
          key" for the client to use either by visiting with the client and using
          their copy of contribute, or by downloading the 30 day trial version for
          your computer.

If I use Javascript where you click on a series of
          > thumbnail images and they appear below, will she be able to change and add to
          > that also?

No- not in any easy fashion. Contribute will not put up any user editable
          things for a third-party javascript. About all that could be done is the
          client could open the page's source code in a third-party text text editor;
          which i don't think you want to happen

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: Could my clients use Contribute
            Janell1 Level 1
            OK, thanks Alan, I appreciate your help.
            Janell