3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 9:47 AM by deakant

Comp to Comp

deakant Level 1

Hi all,

Thanks again for helping me out on the last post Space for 9708x15542.

Just one final silly question. I have created 2 comps in AE CS3 PRO and want to play them continously along side each other. For example  the 1st comp I have created an intro with 3D text, and the 2nd comp is a photo wall in 3D.

But I need to join them both into 1 comp, so eventually audio will be added. Then sent to Premiere Pro.

Can this be done? If so how?

Than you once again,

josel

• 1. Re: Comp to Comp
          yenaphe Level 4

I'm not sure i've clearly understood your question. Do you want to have your 2 composition plays on after another, or one on top of the other.

1) If it's one after another then:

- You can select your 2 comps in the Project Panel and drag them on the "New Composition" ico at the bottom of the panel.

- Then in the dialogue menu, select "Single Composition" and "Sequence Layer". This will create a new comp containing one after another your 2 comps.

2) If it's one on top of the other:

- You can select your 2 comps in the Project Panel and drag them on the "New Composition" ico at the bottom of the panel.

- Then in the dialogue menu, select "Single Composition" and unckeck "Sequence Layer". This will create a new comp containing your 2 comps one over the other.

Then you can export your video to whatever codec you want, and then import it into Premiere Pro.

• 2. Re: Comp to Comp
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

As Sébastien said, simply drag&drop them onto the new comp icon in the project window if one of the two options is what you want. If you really want to play them side by side, as in laying them out as a horizontal split screen, create the comp first, then simply drag&drop your existing comps into it and resize them accordingly. Just always make sure to use a composition setting that is compliant with Premiere's project settings or lese you will loose any realtime feedback there and may not be able to output your stuff properly to tape or a DVD later in the process.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Comp to Comp
              deakant Level 1

Hey,

Thank you to you both, will try it tonight.

josel