3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 7:42 AM by the_wine_snob

Crawling titles - continuous loop and scroll speed questions

DrUsual Level 1

I've set up a crawling title similar to a stock ticker in a CNN broadcast, and have two questions:

1. I see that in previous versions of PE, the crawl speed was determined by the length of the title.  Is that still the case in PE 7?  The titles were crawling faster than I'd like, but I was able to affect this by using the time stretch in the timeline.  Is this the best way to handle the crawl speed?

2. Is there a way to automatically make the crawling title repeat, or do I need to put multiple copies of that clip on the same video track, end to end?

Thanks,

Usual

• 1. Re: Crawling titles - continuous loop and scroll speed questions
          Paul_LS Level 4

1) The crawl speed is still determined by the length of the title. You do not need to use the time stretch tool, you can just drag the edge of the title to the length that you want.

2) Unfortunately you can not make it repeat other than placing multiple titles to give the ffect of repetition.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Crawling titles - continuous loop and scroll speed questions
            DrUsual Level 1

This is great info, thanks!

Also, sorry for posting what appears to be a somewhat frequent topic.  I did search the forums first for "crawl speed" and other phrases, but didn't come up with any results.  However, now that you've replied, the box on the side of the screen IS showing me similar topics.  It's a shame those didn't come up in my search attempts.

Thanks,

Usual

• 3. Re: Crawling titles - continuous loop and scroll speed questions
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I'm not really keen on the new fora's Search function. It *seemed* much better in the earlier iteration, and one could more easily search a particular forum, without having to navigate that blasted drop-down list. Unfortunately, most Google, and similar, searches yield links to the old Adobe fora, so most of the links are now dead. Maybe when the 'bots have had time, the newer links will be found - or maybe not. Adobe is working to improve Search, but it might take a while.

The "Similar Articles" window is nice, but as you found out, does not come into play, until an article is posted. Good, but late.

Best news is that you got the answers that you sought.

Depending on the length of your Crawl's text, you could also do it as a static Title and then Keyframe Motion>Position for finite speed control, and also the ability to "hold" on certain portions of the text, if desired. The length of your text would determine if this was useful, or not.

Hunt