• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1931 during RH8 for HTML installation

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows XP, RSC3.1 with RH7 already installed, and installing RH8.  During the installation of RH8. I received the following error:

"Error 1931: The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp60.dll because the file is protected by Windows.  You may need to update your operating system for this program to work correctly."

The install continued normally after the error, but I don't know if there is an impact to functionality or not.

I can find nothing in a search of the forums for this error, and any information anyone could provide will be greatly appreciated.  I am an "administrator" user on my PC.

Regards,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe. You may want to check this link which explains a little more about the file. Did you have your firewall switched on at the time?

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum,

Thanks for the info.  I am part of a corporate network, so yes firewalls and all the usual network security facets are, and were in place.  The info at the link you provided was interesting.   I can see why you wondered about the firewall.

I haven't had time to use RH8 since the install, but what little I've done seems to have no problems from the message during the install.  But it is a little worrisome.

Does the RH8 install reference that file I wonder?

Any suggestions?

Thanks and regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Joe.

It was more of a hunch than anything. The link mentioned that the file could be malware / spyware so I was just interested as to whether your firewall wouldd have spotted it. Also I have seen the odd post here where a firewall has interferred with a RH install. As far as I know the file menstioned is not referenced by the install.

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp