1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2009 10:28 AM by WillinToListen

Capturing HDV

WillinToListen

I jst purchased PE7 (upgrade).  When capturing HDV from my XH-A1, I can't seethe picture in the capture monitor but can when played in the timeline monitor.  The audio is very choppy too whencapturing.  When played back the audio soundsfine but the HDV footage is a little choppy.  I have a Pentium 4 2.8 Htz with 1.25Gb ram.  We used to have to shut of the timeline scroll feature - have to do that on PE7?

When capturing downconverted HDV to HD, can see the video in the capture monitor and the audio is not choppy.  Is my PC too slow for HD?

• 1. Re: Capturing HDV
          Paul_LS Level 4

Yes your computer is a little slow for working with HDV... you ideally want as a minimum a dual core, or ideally a quad core.

Regarding viewing the video during capture in the preview window... the last time I captured HDV with PE7 i could see the video during capture. However I now use HDVSplit http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm for capture as it has scene detection by timecode that is not a feature of PE7, it also allows preview.

The HDV is choppy during playback probably because of your processor power. You still need to turn off timeline scrolling on slower computers. Also best to turn off any background processes like anti-virus etc.

1 person found this helpful