4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2009 6:05 PM by Romanov1

24P Support

Hi I was wondering if Premiere Elements 7 supports 24P Native Editing.  Under playback settings I did notice that it said "24P Conversion Method" and it gave two methods: Repeat Frame (ABBCD), and then interlaced frame (2:3:3:2).

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: 24P Support
          Paul_LS Level 4

Try installing this update, it is for Premiere Pro but works with PE7. It will install a new group of project presets for Canon 24fps progressive media. It is not specific for Canon and should work with any 24fps high definition progressive video.

If you have trouble installing here is the path to where the "Canon Progressive HDV.xml" file should go

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\Plug-ins\en_US\Editing Modes

and copy the "Canon HDV" folder here

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\settings\en_US

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 24P Support
            Level 1

Thanks Paul,

That's a huge help.  I guess you would need another program to export a 24P Blu Ray however?

• 3. Re: 24P Support
              Paul_LS Level 4

As you say, PE7 will not burn a 24p Blu-ray DVD.

• 4. Re: 24P Support

I had been wondering the same thing, and I thankfully found this solution. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. I followed all of the instructions, but when I try it out, it crashes and says its usual Adobe Premiere Elements has stopped working.

Anything on trying to fix it?