4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2009 6:05 PM by Romanov1

24P Support

Hi I was wondering if Premiere Elements 7 supports 24P Native Editing.  Under playback settings I did notice that it said "24P Conversion Method" and it gave two methods: Repeat Frame (ABBCD), and then interlaced frame (2:3:3:2).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

• 1. Re: 24P Support
          Paul_LS Level 4

Try installing this update, it is for Premiere Pro but works with PE7. It will install a new group of project presets for Canon 24fps progressive media. It is not specific for Canon and should work with any 24fps high definition progressive video.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3408

If you have trouble installing here is the path to where the "Canon Progressive HDV.xml" file should go

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\Plug-ins\en_US\Editing Modes

and copy the "Canon HDV" folder here

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\settings\en_US

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 24P Support
            Level 1

Thanks Paul,

That's a huge help.  I guess you would need another program to export a 24P Blu Ray however?

Scott

• 3. Re: 24P Support
              Paul_LS Level 4

As you say, PE7 will not burn a 24p Blu-ray DVD.

• 4. Re: 24P Support
                Romanov1

I had been wondering the same thing, and I thankfully found this solution. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work for me. I followed all of the instructions, but when I try it out, it crashes and says its usual Adobe Premiere Elements has stopped working.

Anything on trying to fix it?