2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2009 6:48 AM by thewriteinfo

do I actually need Robo Server if...

This is kind of a morph of a previous discussion I started, but my problems still are not resolved and I'm getting dangerously close to our next Production release so am reaching for answers.

I have a "new" RH6 project that I am using to create CSH WebHelp. (I created a new RH6 project and imported topics that have been from x5 to 7 to 8 and back to 6.)  Don't ask :-)

The project seems clean. I've deleted all the weird script tag red square things, removed 2 rogue topics that appear to have been making it crash, and it compiles nicely now.

I have an old help system and an old Robo Server (RoboEngine for x5) out on the Production server.

First question. I don't need WebHelp Pro. So I don't need  Robo Server, correct?

Second question. How do I/can I get my webhelp files out there on the server in such a way that the application will call the CSH topics and basically just circumvent the old help files/robo server entirely?

thankyouverymuch...

• 1. Re: do I actually need Robo Server if...
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

thewriteinfo wrote:

This is kind of a morph of a previous discussion I started, but my problems still are not resolved and I'm getting dangerously close to our next Production release so am reaching for answers.

I have a "new" RH6 project that I am using to create CSH WebHelp. (I created a new RH6 project and imported topics that have been from x5 to 7 to 8 and back to 6.)  Don't ask :-)

Not asking.

thewriteinfo also wrote:

The project seems clean. I've deleted all the weird script tag red square things, removed 2 rogue topics that appear to have been making it crash, and it compiles nicely now.

Good on ya!

thewriteinfo wrote again:

I have an old help system and an old Robo Server (RoboEngine for x5) out on the Production server.

Ick! I feel for ya!

thewriteinfo continues with:

First question. I don't need WebHelp Pro. So I don't need  Robo Server, correct?

First answer.

NO! And you are corrrect!

WebHelp output will work just dandy on a basic web server. (Note that I said WebHelp output and not WebHelp Pro output! I'm not sure WHAT WebHelp Pro output would do or how it would behave on a basic web server.)

thewriteinfo finishes with:

Second question. How do I/can I get my webhelp files out there on the server in such a way that the application will call the CSH topics and basically just circumvent the old help files/robo server entirely?

thankyouverymuch...

Sure thing. See if this link helps you sort it.

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: do I actually need Robo Server if...
            Level 1

Thank you for your kind answers and for making me laugh. A little. lol. I supposed I will post back when I have achieved great success with this. :-)