6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2009 6:01 AM by JRuoto4

File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?

JRuoto4

Hello, I used ADDT to create a very simple file upload and everything was working fine.  All of the sudden if a user goes to upload a file, they click on the BROWSE button, they choose a file - they can see the file name listed in the file field i.e. "/Users/JRuoto/Downloads/img044.jpg" - they hit the insert button - the page thinks and then kicks back an error saying the file field is required and the file field is blank!

<<>>

An error occurred while inserting the records.
      There were some errors in your form. Please make sure you filled in all required fields.
      tNG_multipleInsert error.
      An error occurred while inserting the records. (MINS_ERROR)
      • tNG_multipleInsert.executeTransaction
        • STARTER.Trigger_Default_Starter
        • tNG_multipleInsert.doTransaction
          • tNG_multipleInsert.prepareSQL
            • tNG_insert.doTransaction
              • BEFORE.Trigger_Default_FormValidation*
              • ERROR.Trigger_Default_Insert_RollBack
      • tNG_multipleUpdate.executeTransaction
      • tNG_multipleDelete.executeTransaction
      • tNG_multipleInsert.getRecordset
      • tNG_insert.getFakeRsArr
      • tNG_insert.getLocalRecordset
      • tNG_insert.getFakeRecordset
      • tNG_multipleInsert.getFakeRecordset

<<>>

Again - no changes to the code was made - this page and other just like it were functioning 100%.  I contacted my hosting company to see if it was a PHP setting and they are not reporting any errors.  Does anyone have any ideas on where to look?  I am extremely grateful for any help you offer and for your time.

Thank you in advance,

Joe

• 1. Re: File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?
          Albert S. Level 3

Hi JRouto4,

What platform are you using to browse and upload the file. When I see this file name "/Users/JRuoto/Downloads/img044.jpg" It makes me think this is from a linux platform since windows would typically be "C:\Users\JRouto\Downloads\img044.jpg" at the time of selecting the file to upload. Have you tried re-uploading the original development web file that you created on your computer prior to uploading to the server. Some times I've seen webservers attempt to optimize files and while doing so the line breaks get all wacky breaking the files functions. Very rarely have I see that but I have seen it happen.

• 2. Re: File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?
            JRuoto4 Level 1

Thanks Albert for responding.  It is on Linux - I did try uploading the original as well as recreating it from scratch and no luck. This is truly baffling.  I do appreciate your time though.  I have no idea why this all of the sudden started happening.  Any other things I should look at?

• 3. Re: File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?
              Albert S. Level 3

Hi,

Since this all of sudden started happening on the server, do you have a development server to test the script on to make sure it's only related to the live server?

• 4. Re: File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?
                JRuoto4 Level 1

Hi Albert,

I'm afraid I do not - here is an interesting thing though.  I noticed it was running on PHP 4 - I toggled to PHP 5 and am now getting a different error, but it appears it has passed the form validation in that mode.

An error occurred while inserting the records.
                File upload error: Error uploading file. Missing a temporary upload folder.
                tNG_multipleInsert error.
                An error occurred while inserting the records. (MINS_ERROR)
                File upload error: Error uploading file. Missing a temporary upload folder. (FILE_UPLOAD_ERROR)
                • tNG_multipleInsert.executeTransaction
                  • tNG_multipleInsert.doTransaction
                    • tNG_multipleInsert.prepareSQL
                      • tNG_insert.doTransaction
                        • BEFORE.Trigger_Default_FormValidation
                        • tNG_insert.prepareSQL
                        • tNG_insert.executeTransaction - execute sql
                        • tNG_insert.postExecuteSql
                        • AFTER.Trigger_FileUpload*
                        • ERROR.Trigger_Default_Insert_RollBack
                • tNG_multipleUpdate.executeTransaction
                • tNG_multipleDelete.executeTransaction
                • tNG_multipleInsert.getRecordset
                • tNG_insert.getFakeRsArr
                • tNG_insert.getLocalRecordset
                • tNG_insert.getFakeRecordset
                • tNG_multipleInsert.getFakeRecordset

<<>>

I guess I can contact my hosting company and ask about the temp file it needs and see if going from 4 to 5 will fix this - though that still sounds odd to me.

• 5. Re: File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?
                  Albert S. Level 3

Hmmm no development server. You should consider setting one up. LAMP??? something to consider; no really, I mean it!!! haha.

No clue but it does sound odd. I inclined to say its the server but no way to check if you only have one.

Did you mix up your includes with different versions of ADDT?

• 6. Re: File Upload Error - Required File Field Input Disappears?!?
                    JRuoto4 Level 1

Thanks Albert for all you help and you are right!  No development server is a big no-no.  So in another interesting twist, the hosting company updated the php.ini to include the Temp upload folder and guess what, the upload is working again!  This of course does not sit well with me for I have no reason why it would work in PHP 5 and not 4 - but we are at least up and running.  Of course now we wait to see if any other functionality gets effected by the switch potentially.

To answer your other question, yes perhaps the includes did get mixed and matched.  I build this site on a PC running CS3 and that crashed a while back and went to a Mac running CS4 with of course the latest version of ADDT since it was not compatible with CS3.  Perhaps that is waht caused all of this.

I again appreciate you taking the time to help troubleshoot!  Have a great day!

Joe