6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2010 11:33 AM by mrkkid

flex to pdf

sathiyabala Level 1

hi.. i need to convert my grid and charts from flex to pdf.. how to create pdf template? so that i can import my data set into pdf template?? am using live cycle designer trail version.. or any alternative method to convert flex to pdf????

thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: flex to pdf
          Michael Borbor Level 4

You could use AlivePDF to create PDF files inside Flex.

• 2. Re: flex to pdf
            sathiyabala Level 1

thank u for ur reply..

but its based on PHP with Cold Fusion.. i am using java backend.. can we create pdf template in Alivepdf?

thnku in advance

• 3. Re: flex to pdf
              Michael Borbor Level 4

Depends on what you mean by Templates, with AlivePDF what you can do is for instance add a DataGrid and create a PDF on the fly, but if you're running Coldfusion there you have your solution CF is great at creating PDFs.

• 4. Re: flex to pdf
                Ansury Level 3

Have they gotten that "direct to drive file save" working that they said would be possible with Flash 10?

Flash 9 version did this insane process where it uploads the pdf back to the server, and then streams it back to the client as a regular download. So the data was basically going over the wire three times back and forth. Terrible. I hope that can be avoided now?

• 5. Re: flex to pdf
                  Michael Borbor Level 4

What do you mean by "direct drive save"?

• 6. Re: flex to pdf
                    mrkkid

hi, I'm trying to just get this AlivePDF set up to try it out and use.

I am migrating a Flex 2 app to Flex3 specifically in order to use AlivePDF. I downloaded and installed the latest stable build of the Flex 3 SDK and have now compiled the Flex 2 app (of course with some changes).

I have tried to statically load the AlivePDF.swc (both the 0.1.4.9 and 0.1.5 versions). I've used mxmlc with both a command line argument "library-path += " and by modifying the flex_config.xml file adding a new "path-element".

I've had the swc file both in a subdirectory of the application directory and in the same directory as the mxml file.

I keep getting a compile error that it can't open the file "...\AlivePDF.swc".

Help, anybody............