• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

chm won't open

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I compile my project, it only compiles a file of 1KB. When I try to open it, unsurprisingly I get a message saying 'Cannot open xxxxx.chm'

I tried deleting the CPD file (not that I understand how that would help but it has done the trick for other problems) and re-compiling but it doesn't help.

The only clue in the compiler window is the message 'Fatal Error. Unexpected error from Microsoft HTML compiler.'

Any ideas anyone?

It's been created in RH7.

Helen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Helen

You need to open the Output view and see what (if any) errors are being encountered.

You may even need to create a new layout. Sometimes that works to resolve it. But it won't help if a topic is the culprit.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. The only errors I can find in the Output view are as follows:

HHC5003: Error:
Compilation failed while compiling Version3.hhk.

Compilation failed while compiling ,,,.

,0x0,0,0x520,[-1,-1,-1,-1],0x0,0x0,,0,0,0
Compilation failed while compiling ,0x0,0,0x520,[-1,-1,-1,-1],0x0,0x0,,0,0,0.

ehlpdhtm.js
Processing keywords...
Compacting file system...
The following files were not compiled:

Version3.hhk

Does this shed any light on what/where the problem is? I tried deleting the HHK file and reopening and compiling but no change.

I also tried creating a new layout and now the chm is larger and does open but only shows the start page with no nav controls.

Can you help me any further?

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The hhk file is your index.  Do you have an index?  The other error looks like it comes from the Window definition in your project.  This would also explain the loss of nav pane, etc.  I would try recreating your windows in the project settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp