0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2009 2:45 PM by Bruwin

Creating .pdf pages from Web Pages created with MS .net framework software

April 21, 2009

Dear Adobe Reader Community and/or Tech Support Team...

When creating specific Schwab created web pages and saving as a .pdf file using the Print / Save a PDF option on a MacG5 with MacOS 10.4 and Adobe Reader 8.1.4, the page is not visible (except for top and bottom banners) when viewing on the MacG5 nor is it visible when printing on either of my HP printers.

I have attached two of the files that were created as described above and the single page created is not visible.  Note that there is a flash of partial content as the pages are loaded onto a MacG5 window.   Even though I attached the files (Charles Schwab Client Center #1 - Fund Comparison and Charles Schwab Client Center #2 - Funds Chart.pdf) , as you can see below your software does not recognize the files as having been attached...  and therefore is also probably related to my inability to view the files.

I also noticed, that when placing some of the Adobe Reader files that were not visible on the screen as an attachment to email, that the returned email attachments were then visible in the email, but not through viewing of the attachment saved in my hard drive.  Others were also not visible as email attachments.

First attachment in email only is shown with the following content, which may relate to a .pdf conversion problem with MacOS 10.4.11:

Content-Type: application/applefile; name="%VTSMX, BPTRX, VFIIX, SWTSX, BSCFX Comparisons Via "Print" 4/21/09.pdf"

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="%VTSMX, BPTRX, VFIIX, SWTSX, BSCFX Comparisons Via "Print" 4/21/09.pdf"

; modification-date="Fri, 21 Apr 2009 13:00:20 -0700"

Attachment converted: BWC G5 Hard Drive:VTSMX, BPTRX, VFIIX, SWT#4414B4 (    /    ) (004414B4)

Second attachment in email only is shown with the following content, which may relate to a .pdf conversion problem with MacOS 10.4.11:

Content-Type: application/applefile; name="%VTSMX, BPTRX, VFIIX, SWTSX, BSCFX 10-year Chart Comparisons via "Print", 4/21/09.pdf"

Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="%VTSMX, BPTRX, VFIIX, SWTSX, BSCFX 10-year Chart Comparisons via "Print", 4/21/09.pdf"

; modification-date="Fri, 21 Apr 2009 13:13:46 -0700"

Attachment converted: BWC G5 Hard Drive:VTSMX, BPTRX, VFIIX, SWT#4414B5 (    /    ) (004414B5)

Note that the Mac tool Preview 3.0.9 works fine for the .pdf file creation visibility, but I prefer to use Adobe for saving my documents.

Furthermore, Schwab tells me that they are now using .net Framework for their new web pages and therefore they claim that Adobe Reader pages can't be created anymore.  Some of the Schwab pages actually do allow creation of Adobe Reader pages, but not all of them.

Is it possible that Adobe Reader 8.1.4  is not compatible with the use of .net Framework used by Schwab?  Or is it related to the use of a MacG5 system with MacOS 10.4.11?  Or is this fixed in Adobe Reader 9.X or perhaps MacOS 10.5.X?

Is it also likely that the Macintosh paid version of Adobe 9  works OK for this task, rather than as described with Adobe Reader 8.1.4?  If I knew that Adobe 9 worked I would be happy to purchase, as that would extend my ability to deal with Adobe page creations.

Please advise.  Note that the Mac tool Preview 3.0.9 works fine for the .pdf file creation visibility.

Thanks for your assistance.

Bruce

bruwin@comcast.net