3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2009 10:35 AM by Ned Murphy

gotoAndStop - doesn't work

So here's my code:

mcbutton.onPress = function() {
          this.gotoAndStop("_down");
      }

When I click on button it goes to _down frame but it shifts back to 1st frame. It doesn't really stop there. How can I make it work?

• 1. Re: gotoAndStop - doesn't work
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If this is related to the other posting in the other forum, then please revisit that other posting.

Similarly, please don't cross post in the forums.  For the most part, people that help here visit all the forums, and when you post the same issue in different forums, you end up possibly wasting the time of those who try to help as well as your own (either because you get an answer elsewhere and never return to update the others, or someone doesn't see that you've already been told to try something that they are offering, or you get bad advice in one forum and don't see the good advice in another... I've seen a few people end up thinking they couldn't do something because someone provided bad information... and they probably still do because they didn't come back to find that out)

• 2. Re: gotoAndStop - doesn't work
            Level 1

The suggested solution in the other forum wasn't relevant to the problem..

• 3. Re: gotoAndStop - doesn't work
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you didn't revisit it, you're proving my point.