3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2007 7:58 AM by JoeDaSilva

Smoothing text images

ROGM Level 1
      I do make images of text, and I'm sure many others of you do also. I use fireworks. Often when I am enlarging text, the edges of the text seem choppy. There are ways to smooth the edges, but normally this results in blurry edges. I'm wondering what techniques other professional web designers are using to make great looking image text. Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Smoothing text images
          JoeDaSilva Level 4
          Although it's a bit of work, I read an interesting approach another user takes. They make the text much much larger than the eventual size they're aiming for, then flatten it (select the text in question, then choose MODIFY, then FLATTEN SELECTION. Then just resize the text to what you need, and it should be very sharp.

However, you can't ever edit it again of course.
          • 2. Re: Smoothing text images
            Level 7
            JoeyD1978 wrote:
            > Although it's a bit of work, I read an interesting approach another user takes.
            > They make the text much much larger than the eventual size they're aiming for,
            > then flatten it (select the text in question, then choose MODIFY, then FLATTEN
            > SELECTION. Then just resize the text to what you need, and it should be very
            > sharp.
            >
            > However, you can't ever edit it again of course.
            >

Adding to joeyd, why not just keep a png original that you can resize
            the text in before you export it as an image?

SKB
            • 3. Re: Smoothing text images
              JoeDaSilva Level 4
              Or duplicate your page if you're using CS3 ;-)