0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2008 8:30 PM by sizumi25

Share the Sirit of Olympic Gamesby

sizumi25
      As we all know, the image of the Olympic Games is composed by five rings with different colors-
      blue, yellow, black, green and red — represent the five parts of the world now encompassed by
      Olympism and ready to compete against each other. Moreover, the six colours (including the white
      background) thus combined represent those of all nations, without exception. The blue and yellow
      of Sweden, the blue and white of Greece, the French, English, American, German, Belgian, Italian
      and Hungarian tricolours, the yellow and red of Spain are side by side with the new Brazilian and
      Australian flags, the old Japan and the new China.You can find at least one of the same color
      in any country’s flag. It is a true international emblem. And it also represent the union
      between men and the union of the five continents.

“One World One Dream” is a profound manifestation of the core concepts of the Beijing Olympic
      Games. It reflects the values of harmony connoted in the concept of “People’s Olympics”, the
      core and soul of the three concepts — “Green Olympics, High-tech Olympics and People’s
      Olympics”. While “Harmony of Man with Nature” and “Peace Enjoys Priority” are the
      philosophies and ideals of the Chinese people since ancient times in their pursuit of the
      harmony between Man and Nature and the harmony among people, building up a harmonious society
      and achieving harmonious development are the dream and aspirations of ours. It is our belief
      that peace and progress, harmonious development, living in amity, cooperation and mutual benefit,
      and enjoying a happy life are the common ideals of the people throughout the world.

“One World One Dream” fully reflects the essence and the universal values of the Olympic
      spirit — Unity, Friendship, Progress, Harmony, Participation and Dream. It expresses the
      common wishes of people all over the world, inspired by the Olympic ideals, to strive for
      a bright future of Mankind. In spite of the differences in colors, languages and races, we
      share the charm and joy of the Olympic Games, and together we seek for the ideal of Mankind
      for peace. We belong to the same world and we share the same aspirations and dreams.

“One World, One Dream” is simple in expressions, but profound in meaning. It is of China,
      and also of the world. It conveys the lofty ideal of the people in Beijing as well as in China
      to share the global community and civilization and to create a bright future hand in hand
      with the people from the rest of the world. It expresses the firm belief of a great nation, with
      a long history of 5,000 years and on its way towards modernization, that is committed to
      peaceful development, harmonious society and people’s happiness. It voices the aspirations
      of 1.3 billion Chinese people to contribute to the establishment of a peaceful and bright
      world.

The English translation of the slogan is distinctive in sentence structure. The two “One’
      s are perfectly used in parallel, and the words “World” and “Dream” form a good match.
      The slogan is simple, meaningful, inspiring, and easy to remember, read and spread.

In Chinese, the word “tongyi”, which means “the same”, is used for the English word
      “One”. It highlights the theme of “the whole Mankind lives in the same world and seeks
      for the same dream and ideal”.

“You are my adversary, but you are not my enemy. For your resistance gives me strength.
      Yur will gives me courage, your spirit ennobles me. And though I aim to defeat you, should I
      succeed I will not humiliate you, instead,I will honor you. For without you, I am a lesser
      man.” I have ever read this brief poem. And this is the other aspect of the spirit of Oympic
      Games. And the athetes from all over the world will compete with the principle of openness
      and fairness in Beijing with the guidence of olympic sririt.

Copy From: http://www.watchinstyle.com/blog/