2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2009 12:04 AM by Hectic task

PRE7 does not recognise my Sony HDR - SR12E HD HDD Camcorder

UK31248

When I get media from this camcorder Pre7 does not recognise it properly. I am able to import the media from the camera without any problems but the make and model of the camera is not identifed by the software and the little preview windows are grey'd out and don't work. As a result I cannot see the content of the clips before I import them which makes life very difficult. Any suggestions ?

• 1. Re: PRE7 does not recognise my Sony HDR - SR12E HD HDD Camcorder
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure what you mean by "the make and model of the camera is not identifed by the software and the little preview windows are grey'd out", but this is a hard drive hi-def camcorder that saves video to a memory stick. The video is saved as AVCHD, which requires a very powerful computer (usually a quad-core is recommended) to edit.

You download the video into Premiere Elements 7. It comes in as one large chunk. I don't believe you will see little previews of the clips.

• 2. Re: PRE7 does not recognise my Sony HDR - SR12E HD HDD Camcorder

In PRE7 while importing from a cam like you have the window will show previews of only the stills pictures. For the videos you dont get previews directly on the Media Downloader window. Previews of the videos you can see by clicking on the "play" symbol on videos. The only problem with this is that a few formats cannot be played like that. Some of those formats are TOD and AVCHD formats. I hope this might help you.