1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 29, 2009 12:19 PM by h82loze

Acrobat 9.1 Update - Silent Install - Deploy is not "Silent"

Acrobat 9.1 Update - Silent Install / Deploy is not "Silent" or Quiet

When Installing and/or Deploying the Update for Acrobat Pro/Std 9.0 in Silent mode:

AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp /q /l adobe91.log

AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp /qn

I get a "File Transfer" like status window that pop's up.

It is very brief, and all is well.

The problem is we're trying to reach 0% intrusion on the customers that this will be deployed to.

Is there another slash that is missing or does the install process just have this and we'll have to live with it?

I ran the patch in normal mode and you can see the pop-up during the install process in-between:

Optimizing Performance and Publishing Product Information.

Please Advise.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Acrobat 9.1 Update - Silent Install - Deploy is not "Silent"

I know this post is a few months old, but for those that still need the info:

Updating Adobe Acrobat Professional from 9.0.0 to 9.1.2

1. Download the 2 patches, AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp (this updates to 9.1.0) and AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp (this updates to 9.1.2) and place them in the same folder.

If you are already at 9.1, you don't need the first patch.

2. Copy the AcroPro.msi file from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Setup Files\guid (I didn't feel like typing out the whole string) to the folder with the patches.  This is where the setup placed this file for my installation of CS4; your location could be in a different spot.

3. Create your script with the following 2 lines:

msiexec /p "%installdir%\AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp" /qn /norestart REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus

msiexec /p "%installdir%\AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp" /qn /norestart REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=omus

Substitute your path to the folder with the patch files for %installdir% above.

Obviously, this procedure is for updating Windows only.  This was only tested on Windows XPSP3 with Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0.0 as installed as part of CS4 Master Collection.