4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2009 4:52 PM by b86oaks

Adobe CS3: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash (Not opening)

Hi,

I have had the adobe creative suite suite 3 Deisgn premium for over an year now.  Recently over the past 2 months I am no longer able to open up any of the following programs:

• Photoshop
      • Dreamweaver
      • Illustrator
      • Flash

They have worked for me in the past but now they are just not opening up for me.  I have tried plenty of things such as:

• Uninstalling the whole cd then reinstalling
      • Calling customer service
      • Browsing/googling for ways to fix it

Yet I still have been yet to get this issue resolved.  I have tried installing the CS4 30 day trial and that works fine.  But I want my CS3 version to work.  I tried everything.  The thing is I do not get an error message either on the these so there is no way of titling this issue.  If it helps I have windows vista.  Well please let me know what you come up with .  My email is brettryan22@Hotmail.com.  Thank you!

Brett Ryan

• 1. Re: Adobe CS3: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash (Not opening)
          RossRitchey Level 4

What does happen?

You say no error message - how far in the boot process does the program get?  Does it just not respond at all?  Does the program load-box appear and freeze?  Does the program load-box appear and dissapear?  Does the computer freeze up in the middle of the load?

Does the process display in your processes list?

Did you install/uninstall/delete anything around the time this started?

Did you try going back to a restore point before this started?

Have you run a thorough virus scan?

• 2. Re: Adobe CS3: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash (Not opening)
            Level 1
            • What does happen?     When I double click on them nothing happens for a second it gives me the loading signal but nothing comes up.
            • You say no error message - how far in the boot process does the program get?  Does it just not respond at all?  Does the program load-box appear and freeze?  Does the program load-box appear and dissapear?  Does the computer freeze up in the middle of the load?
                         You never end up seeing anything for any of the applications except for photoshop which loads but then closes right away.  So it just doesnt respond at all.  But there is no freezing.  So the load-box only appears and dissapears when I open photoshop. but for everything else it just never appears.
            • Does the process display in your processes list?  

No it does not display

• Did you install/uninstall/delete anything around the time this started?

I'm pretty sure I didnt uninstall or install anything around the  time it started.  I think I would remember if it did.  So i'm pretty sure I did not.
            • Did you try going back to a restore point before this started?  No I did not.
            • Have you run a thorough virus scan?  Yes I have and nothing comes up.
            • 3. Re: Adobe CS3: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash (Not opening)
              RossRitchey Level 4

There may have been a Windows automatic update that broke it without you knowing, if you allow Windows to do that automatically.

I would try going back to a restore point before it broke, and see if that fixes it.  If it does, then you know that something happened in your settings.  Then, go through Windows update and install one by one to figure out which one broke it (if a windows update did it)

• 4. Re: Adobe CS3: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, and Flash (Not opening)
                Level 1

I fixed it.  I tried downloading a number of things to try and get it too work so i'm not sure what exactly it was that fixed it but all of my files open now! I'm pretty thrilled.  Thanks!

Brett