3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2008 11:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Application's theme colour

istrasci Level 1
      If I set an application's theme colour (for example, even to all black #000000), the actual colour(s) that are put into the application are just a lighter version of this colour. The buttons when they're pressed down, items in lists, rows in dataGrids, even the application bar are all just shades of dark grey. The only things I can really see that are truly all black are the borders of components when I mouse-over them. Does anyone know how or where these dumbed down colours are calculated...? Is there a way to override that behaviour short of guessing a darker colour than needed (in which case you'd be screwed for black)...?
        • 1. Re: Application's theme colour
          meshgraphics Level 2
          <mx:Application backgroundColor="0" backgroundImage="">
          • 2. Re: Application's theme colour
            istrasci Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: meshgraphics
            <mx:Application backgroundColor="0" backgroundImage="">

Ummm, that's not what I want to do at all. Nor does it solve my problem even if I did.

My app. needs to have a white or off-white backgroundColor, and I set the theme colour to a dark crimson (#882345 -- our official HTML value for our crimson theme) like this:

<mx:Application themeColor=#882345 ...>

Even though I use this dark colour, all the off-colours for components (as I previously mentioned) are something closer to #ed81a5... I guess you'd have to check in the colour picker since I can't figure out if/how you can display colour in these posts... Anyway, it's significantly a lighter colour and not acceptable for the colour I really need. How can I get it to be exactly what I need...?
            • 3. Re: Application's theme colour
              Level 7

"istrasci" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gb8muv$l45$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >
              quote:

Originally posted by: meshgraphics
              > <mx:Application backgroundColor="0" backgroundImage="">

>
              > Ummm, that's not what I want to do at all. Nor does it solve my problem
              > even
              > if I did.
              >
              > My app. needs to have a white or off-white backgroundColor, and I set the
              > theme colour to a dark crimson (#882345 -- our official HTML value for our
              > crimson theme) like this:
              >
              > <mx:Application themeColor=#882345 ...>
              >
              > Even though I use this dark colour, all the off-colours for components (as
              > I
              > previously mentioned) are something closer to #ed81a5... I guess you'd
              > have to
              > check in the colour picker since I can't figure out if/how you can display
              > colour in these posts... Anyway, it's significantly a lighter colour and
              > not
              > acceptable for the colour I really need. How can I get it to be exactly
              > what I
              > need...?

Some components also have a backgroundGraphic (or similar property name--I'd
              have to look it up) and backgroundAlphas. I think you need to get rid of
              those.

HTH;

Amy