• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drop Down Hotspot and Text

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2009 Apr 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I'm posting this to the correct place...this forum looks different since the last time I posted!

I have a question about drop down text.  I have a content page that ends with 10 FAQ's. I simply typed the question and then added the answer as drop down text.  The first 3 questions work properly after publishing...you click on the question and the answer appears under the question.  The next 6, however, aren't working like that.  The answers jump to the bottom of the screen under the last question (although the last question hasn't been clicked). When I click on a different question, that answer appears ABOVE the previous answer listed at the end of the page. Basically, the answers to the last 6 questions are not appearing under those individual questions.

Is there a maximum number of drop down text boxes you can have on one page?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To my knowledge there is no limit. But as with anything, there has to be some sort of a limit, no?

Normally the drop-down will appear immediately below the clickable text.

I do know from experience that if you configure several drop-downs on a page that it will take longer for the page to load. So sometimes the user clicks a drop-down before the page has fully loaded up. Then you see issues.

Perhaps carefully re-create the drop-downs. Maybe something got confused on the page while editing?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back and deleted questions 4-9 and retyped both the questions and the answers.  Questions 4-7 seem to work now, but questions 8 and 9, no matter what I do, still don't have the drop down answers appearing after the question is clicked.  I am trying to compare the properties of a correct question and answer to one that isn't working, but I am not able to pinpoint anything.

Thanks, Rick, for the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this may be a cache / display issue. Is the same happening on another PC?

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I had a way to check on another computer. I'm the only one in my entire corporation that uses Robohelp!  And there has been no one to train me, so I thank you all for the advice and I am thankful for this forum!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura

You do know the output you create using RoboHelp may be viewed on any number of different computers without RoboHelp installed, right?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do know that!  I thought he meant that I could check it via Robohelp on another computer.  I will check it on another one.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's just something with my computer.  I think it's out to get me sometimes.

Thanks again!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2009 Apr 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Laura. Maybe I should have been a little clearer. My thought process was that the display issue was very odd and I have seen it in the dim and distant past. I can't remember the exact reason for the issue but I do remember that it was erratic in its behaviour and that it was not universal across all PCs where the output resided. Therefore I was just trying to see if there were any tests I could think of to narrow down the problem.

Let us know how you get on. Even if things are out to get you, there is a gang here that you can rant to

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have tried and tried to get all of the answers to appear under the question, but there are still 3 that just won't work.  I'm not sure what I need to do, so if and when I come up with a solution, I will post it here.  I did check other pages and they aren't having the same problem.  The content on those pages was entered months/years ago, so it's not anything I entered.  I'll let you know, and thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura.

If you want to create a copy of your project, strip out all the other topics and zip it up, you can email me (see my profile) and I'll take a look at this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for offering to do that, but my info contains so much confidential information, it would be impossible to sort out.

You are all so helpful here, thanks again!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just reread your original post and you say "at the end of your topic" are the FAQs. It made me wonder what else you have before it. Whilst in theory you should be able to have whatever you want inside a topic, maybe there is something before the FAQs that is causing this issue. Have you tried removing the FAQs into their own topic? If this works, the issue is not the FAQs at all but what comes before them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp