1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2009 2:11 PM by Sean_Wilson

Using Flash swf as a director preloader?

bobnagel

I am curious if it is possible to use a Flash swf as the preloader for my director dcr. Has anybody done this? I have seen some interesting animations in some swf's and would like to use them as preloaders monitoring the bitspreloaded in the loading dcr to controll the animation. Can I create a swf to be the actual preloader, or would it be better to build a preloader in director with my flash swf embedded in it?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Using Flash swf as a director preloader?
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional
          Can I create a swf to be the actual preloader, or would it be better to build a preloader in director with my flash swf embedded in it?

I suggest the latter. The beauty of a preloader is that when all your assets etc. are ready, the loader issues a gotoNetMovie() command to navigate to the loaded content. A Flash movie (outside of the Shockwave plugin hosting it in a Director movie) can't do this since it's running in the Flash Player (which doesn't implement such a command). I think you'd have to refresh the entire page in order to load your Shockwave movie from Flash