5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2009 2:30 PM by Steve Grisetti

Saving Scene Menu settings

bhata

I have questions WRT saving/propagating changes to Scene Menus.

Usually I move the menu buttons (to provide more space) and the

navigation buttons (because they overlap the menu buttonos).

Is there a way to:

1. Save the settings so that I can use the same settings for other projects?

2. Propagate the changed positions from one Scene Menu to all other

Scene Menus (Similar to the "Apply to All Menus" button which

propagate font type, size, etc.)?

The second item is a big issue because I spend so much time repositioning

each item on each menu.

TIA

• 1. Re: Saving Scene Menu settings
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Not within Premiere Elements.

You could open the template in Photoshop Elements and do a permanent change to the template, if you're comfortable doing that though.

• 2. Re: Saving Scene Menu settings
            bhata Level 1

Well I found the directory Entertainment > Countdown which I frequently use and found two PSD files (Main & Scene menus).

Is it as easy as moving the individual elements around?

Can I also change it so it's widescreen?

When I use my Photoshop CS to open the PSD files I get an error:

Some text layers might need to be updated before they

can be used for vector based output.  Do you want to

update these layers now?

I've never worked with "vector based output"... do I answer Yes to updating?

Thanks...

• 3. Re: Saving Scene Menu settings

Yes, you can let the program update the layers. The only disadvantage is that, if you don't have the template's fonts installed, it may sub in different fonts. But it will do this anyway, when you open the file in Premiere Elements.

Beyond that, it's as simple as moving the elements around in the PSD file.

You should find several versions of the menu template. The "hd" version is, of course, hi-def. The "s" is standard 4:3 and the "w" is widescreen.

• 4. Re: Saving Scene Menu settings
                bhata Level 1

Yes, you can let the program update the layers. The only disadvantage is that, if you don't have the template's fonts installed, it may sub in different fonts. But it will do this anyway, when you open the file in Premiere Elements.

Beyond that, it's as simple as moving the elements around in the PSD file.

Great Steve!  Not too concerned with fonts...  just as long as I don't have to move things for each project!

You should find several versions of the menu template. The "hd" version is, of course, hi-def. The "s" is standard 4:3 and the "w" is widescreen.

I did a quick perusal and only seem to have 4:3 in my PE7.  Unless I'm not looking hard enough.  I don't see anything with "hd", "s" or "w".

• 5. Re: Saving Scene Menu settings

It depends on the versioin of the software and which templates you're using, of course.

You may only have standard versions available for that template.