I have a layer called "Dialog box" containing different symbols and I want to copy/paste it to another document or page and maintain the name and contents. But I always end up with the pasted content within a default layer "Layer 1" and when I want to duplicate it places the items inside my current layer and not in a new one.
Any ideas people?
Hierarchical Layer Copy command may assist.
It's available at Fw Exchange.
Here is a summary of it's purpose.
Copy heirarchical layers without loosing the layer heirarchy.
1. Select the layer you want to copy.
2. Select Layer Copy from Commands -> Document menu.
3. Switch to document were you want to copy the layer heirarchy
4. Select Layer Paste from Commands -> Document menu.
- If resolution of both the documents are different then resampling is not done.
- Do not close the source document or even change the page in source document.
- Do not use this command across pages of same document.
- Layer Hierarchy is pasted at center of the document.
- Do not use this command for Web Layers.