3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2009 3:44 PM by kglad

Help needed with Flash web template

I am working on a flash website for our Boy Scout Troop. It is based on a template purchased on-line.

I am using Adobe Flash CS4.

Here is a preview link to the template that I am working with... http://www.easytemplates.com/templates/flash/boy-scout/

If you click on the "foundation" button, you will see a movie under the Eagle Honor Roll, named "read more". When you click on that movie, it opens a window in the upper left corner of the screen. I am having two issues with this, as well as several other similar movies that look the same, and perform the same function (opening differant text boxs).

I was able to easily go into the actionscript for each of them and change the name of the title that shows up on the top of the pop up window, but I can't for the life of me find where to edit the text. Every other pop-up window has a seperate movie file which I can edit, but this one does not. I have looked through all of the Symbols multiple times, and there is not one listed. The "read more" movie that is in the left hand box on the information page has a symbol that contains the text. the ones on the "Foundation" and "Our Program" pages do not. How do I change the text, if there is no symbol containing that text?

I also would like to be able to change the position of the pop-up window when it opens, but cannot find where to do that.

My other issue is editing the "Gallery" button at the top of the page, to point to a PHP Nuke site, that I am going to use for content management. I have found several tutorials on-line mentioning the use of the "on release get URL" command, but everytime I try to use it, it just breaks the animation on the button, and still does not open the URL in question. I have attached a .TXT file containing the current action associated with the button's "Blue box" (not sure what this is really called). I just need to know how to incorporate the "on release get URL" command without messing up the animatioon associated with the button.