6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2009 12:57 PM by tclark513

CTI jumps

JBrown321 Level 1

Anyone out there having a problem with the cti jumping ahead about 12 or so frames after you hit play?  It's not a major issue but a little annoying.

Thanks for any input.

• 1. Re: CTI jumps
          Harm Millaard Level 7

No.

• 2. Re: CTI jumps
            Douglas R Wagner

Haven't run into that one yet.  I've tested DV and HDV footage.  All my tests are on interlaced footage.  Are you doing DV, HDV?  Other video type such as from a full professional grade camera?  Often, it helps a lot to know the brand and model number of the video camera from which your video came from.  Then of course, people do ask for various computer/OS specs, but knowing the camera type is the first priority.

Also, do you have any effects on the clip, where the render indication on the top part of the timeline is yellow or red?

I think by CTI, you must mean the Current Time Indicator.  Some folks may not catch that acronym immediately.

• 3. Re: CTI jumps
              JBrown321 Level 1

It is DV material I am editing with and it also does it with HDV.  Computer is dual core AMD Athlon 2 gigs ram nvdia quadro fx4000. It actually does it on the computer at work as well.  Like I said before,  not a major problem but annoying and strange.

• 4. Re: CTI jumps
                tclark513 Level 3

Yes.  I have had this problem since day one.  It is a Fire Wire problem.  If you turn off your external preview through Fire Wire the issue goes away.  I think it might have something to do with the video card but I have not tested newer drivers yet.  Your right...it is annoying.

• 5. Re: CTI jumps
                  JBrown321 Level 1

Thanks for the response.  I will try this out.

• 6. Re: CTI jumps
                    tclark513 Level 3

Let me know if you get it to work with the external monitor active.

Thanks!