1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2008 6:50 AM by Captiv8r

Converting .htm to .html

solutionm
      I"m working on help for a Java application and they have set some type of "pattern match" to .htm. This causes the code to think that my .htm webhelp files are application code so the help simply doesn't work. Is there any way I can generate webhelp creating .html files? I know I can change the names in DOS, but I would still have to go in and fix all the links after the fact.
        • 1. Re: Converting .htm to .html
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, solutionm

If you are using RoboHelp HTML for your project, there really isn't an easy way to specify you want .HTML as opposed to .HTM. Sure, you can rename files until you are blue in the face, but it's going to be a long and painful process fraught with pitfalls.

I'm curious as to how help is breaking. You say that their application is interpreting your help as application code? Surely the help lives in its own folder. You might inquire as to whether there is a way to have their application ignore that folder in the process. I'm further guessing that your help isn't being delivered via a browser and maybe is being presented within some window of their Java application. I think I'd be asking some rather serious questions of the developers.

Cheers... Rick