• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Search Tab

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an HTMLHelp project in RH8 and for the life of me, I cannot get it to display a search tab. I've checked and double-checked that I have the Search tab option selected in the window. When that failed to produce results, I created a new window and, once again, made sure the option was selected, but still no joy. Finally, I created a completely new project with just a couple of topics, and I selected the Search tab option there, but still nothing.

For the record, the option I'm selecting is the Search tab option in the Tri-pane Tabs and Windows section on the Window Properties screen. Am I forgetting something? Doing something wrong?

Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it.

Best wishes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit busy right now but wasn't there another post on this same subject recently?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that there was another post on the same subject recently, but if so, I wasn't able to find it. I searched the forums, and the most recent post I found for a missing search tab was one from August 2007. I followed the suggestions from that post to create a new window, but as I mentioned, it didn't help.

Everything else in the project seems fine -- TOC, index, glossary. It's just the search tab that's missing. Recreating the project wouldn't be a problem, but I can't get a search tab in a new project either, so I'm obviously doing something wrong, or something else is going on. I'm open to any suggestions of things to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry-wrong post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new project should zip up to just a few megabytes.

Send it to me via my site. Include a link to this thread.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you so much for your offer, but I don't think I need to bother you after all. In the course of making a file to send you (I'd deleted the other one), I forgot to include the glossary before compiling and I managed to finally get a CHM to come out with a search tab. This led me to do some other tests and I've found what appears to be a random problem either due to a bug or my own system settings (not sure which yet). In the process of trying to work this out, I created dozens of new projects, and it seems to depend on the order in which I do things as to whether I can get the Search tab (or make changes to the default window) and have things actually work. When they don't work, they either don't stick, or RH hangs when compiling and I have to use task manager to kill it.

In any case, I have the underpinnings of a project with a search window now, and since I've already lost three days fiddling with it, I'm going to try to use what I have.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you are making progress. Alway more satisfying when you fix it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp