3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2009 1:54 PM by flashharry!

Title Window and issues with tabbing form elements, I want them to stay in title window and not tab through parent window

flashharry! Level 1

I have two related issues.

I have a module title window being called via popup manager. I want to enable tabbing through the form elements as user input values.

But when tabbing the elements on the ghosted parent (opener) form get focus. I want to limit the tabbing to be restricted to the Title Window.

2nd related issue, When the title window first loads I call setfocus on the first input, the standard highlight is set around the input text but when you start typing nothing happens. Users still have to click the input text. How can I set focus on the first input and enable typeing with out mouse intervention.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Title Window and issues with tabbing form elements, I want them to stay in title window and not tab through parent window
          run,ryan! Level 3

set popup with modal mode.

*  @param modal If <code>true</code>, the window is modal which means that
               *  the user will not be able to interact with other popups until the window
               *  is removed.
               *  @param childList The child list in which to add the pop-up.
               *  One of <code>PopUpManagerChildList.APPLICATION</code>, 
               *  <code>PopUpManagerChildList.POPUP</code>, 
               *  or <code>PopUpManagerChildList.PARENT</code> (default).
               *  @see PopUpManagerChildList
               */
              public static function addPopUp(window:IFlexDisplayObject,
                              parent:DisplayObject,
                              modal:Boolean = false,
                              childList:String = null):void

• 2. Re: Title Window and issues with tabbing form elements, I want them to stay in title window and not tab through parent window
            ATIF FAROOQ Level 3

hi,

what do you mean by 'ghosted parent (opener) form get focus'

2nd issue,

its not the problem of flex.Its because your flex application loses focus unexpectedly for some reason and your browser window currently has the focus.If you click anywhere in your application you will still be able to input data in textInput.So your code for setFocus on TextInput Field is working fine.Its browser issue.

• 3. Re: Title Window and issues with tabbing form elements, I want them to stay in title window and not tab through parent window
              flashharry! Level 1

I got this fixed,

I disabled the tabbing on the window opening the title window, this happens to be my main app.

After calling the popup manager I simply call.

Application.application.tabChildren = false;

Then I created a custom event for the cancel.

Add event listners to the popups then on event I simply re-enable tabbing

private function doPopUpForm():void {

newWin = SetForm(PopUpManager.createPopUp(this,SetForm,true));

newWin.addEventListener(CloseEvent.CLOSE, cancelTitleWindow);

newWin.addEventListener("cancel", cancelTitleWindow);

PopUpManager.centerPopUp(newWin);

newWin.title = resourceManager.getString('localizedContent','formWindowTitle');

Application.application.tabChildren = false;

}

private function cancelTitleWindow(event:Event) : void {

PopUpManager.removePopUp(newWin);

Application.application.tabChildren = true;

}