4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2009 1:39 PM by Barna Biro

Flex Builder Refactorings

kiwiet

Is there any possibility that the next version of Flex Builder mght actaully add some more iusefull refactorings?

Rename although of value really isn't enough for serious software development. Unless additional refactoring such as Extract method, create get and set functions, add property, Extract Class, etc... are introduced, I would consider Flex Builder inadequate for any serious work.

Other tools such as IntelliJ already provide these and more for Flex development.

• 1. Re: Flex Builder Refactorings
          Michael Borbor Level 4

Until FB 4 becomes a public beta you won't know but I've that the 

release of the public beta is quite soon.

Sincerely,

Michael

El 28/04/2009, a las 5:34, kiwiet <forums@adobe.com> escribió:

>

Is there any possibility that the next version of Flex Builder mght 

actaully add some more iusefull refactorings?

>

Rename although of value really isn't enough for serious software 

development. Unless additional refactoring such as Extract method, 

create get and set functions, add property, Extract Class, etc... 

are introduced, I would consider Flex Builder inadequate for any 

serious work.

>

Other tools such as IntelliJ already provide these and more for Flex 

development.

>

• 2. Re: Flex Builder Refactorings
            kiwiet Level 1

Why is it so hard to say "Yes, we are looking at ... features to improve the refactoring?" What until FB 4 has to be a joke and it isn't an answer that makes me confident about Adobe's ability to provide enhancements to Flex Builder that really matter for developers.

• 3. Re: Flex Builder Refactorings
              Michael Borbor Level 4

Keep it cool man, I don't work for Adobe, I'm just a normal user like you. There's something that I can tell you, Adobe fellows are working very hard to satisfy as many developers need as they can.

• 4. Re: Flex Builder Refactorings
                Barna Biro Level 3

Hi kiwiet,

Please take in consideration that Flex Builder hasn't been around for too long. It obviously needs to grow and I'm quite sure that one day, it will be just as performant as Visual Studio. The guys at Adobe are definitely doing a great job and it's obvious that they are working hard to satisfy developer needs. In time, Flex will mature but you can't expect to have a perfectly working, fast and efficient product from the start ( or after 3-4 releases ) from a company that initially was more into design, animations and iteractive media.

Bare with them and please keep it civilized. We are here to help and not to flame or offend each other for no reason.

With best regards,

Barna Biro

PS: No, I don't work for Adobe either ( in case you were thinking to ask ).