2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2009 6:46 AM by RoboColum(n)

Multiple levels of merged webhelp output files

RoboColum(n) Level 5

I am putting the finishing touches to a merged webhelp structure for a project we have started. Currently we are still producing CHMs as our primary layout but we will (eventually) be producing both CHMs and WebHelp output. I am just getting the project structure in place prior to adding content. All is working well except for one element.

We have a child project (let us call it "Project 2A") that will sit inside another child project (let us call that "Project 2"). So the TOC structure would be something like:

Parent Project

Project 1

Project 2

Project 2A

Project 3

The underlying directory structure uses the method outlined on Peter Grainge's site. What I'm wondering though is whether the output directory for the Project 2A should be something like:

C:\Source\projectname\webhelp\mergedProjects\Project 2\mergedProjects\Project 2A\project 2a.htm

I've tried both this and having the Project 2A in the top level of mergedProjects to no avail. Can anyone help a poor old CHM addict with an area he is less familiar with .

Read the RoboColum(n) for mutterings on RoboHelp, Technical Communication Suite and technical communication.