• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1024x768 Monitor forces scrolling of 1024x768 .htm file

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with a Captivate CBT that's 1024x768, and it shows up fine on my monitor (which, admittedly, is short and wide--~18"x~12"). But the problem is, even though the size of the file is 1024x768, when the .htm is shown on a 1024x768 monitor, scrolling is necessary to see all the content. F11 does not completely take care of the problem, either.

Is there a setting somewhere I can change? I tried the full-screen option and that didn't work. Is my odd monitor size messing it up somehow?

Any clues out there??

Joyce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joyce

Ahhh yes. The continuing saga of 1024 x 768 is NOT 1024 x 768!

Here's the deal. Where does a Captivate output normally play back to the user?

The browser!

And therein lies the issue. When you record at full screen, you are recording space that is normally occupied by the browser's own Title bar, Toolbar(s), Frame itself and Status bar. All of these elements will subtract from the overall space available to play back a Captivate movie. Hence, the scroll bars.

The best approach is to record at a smaller size. Perhaps 800 x 600. Recording at such a large size as 1024 x 768 produces the problem you are seeing, but it also adds to the overall "weight" of the file in byte size. This means it will take longer to stream across the connection and appear to the end user.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to display something in a 1024 x 768 resolution then your recording needs to be no larger than 1014 x 702. The browser itself takes up room so that is why you get scrollbars. If you use JavaScript to disable all the extras in your browser window you can end up with having only the title bar in the top and some bars left, right and bottom - that will give you a stage area of 1014 x 702 px.

If you use the Captivate Playbars then you need to subtract additional 30 px from the height so you will end up with a stage area of 1014 x 672 px.

/Michael

Click here to visit the www.captivate4.com blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources