• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulation Capture Problem CP4 - last character in text box cut off.

Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is somewhat difficult for me to explain, but here is what we are experience. The issue we are having is when capturing a demonstration or simulation of our Windows based form in Captivate 4, occasionally the last character of text in a text box field appears to be cut off unless an extra space is added after the character. However, after advancing to the next field in the capture, the complete text does appear in the previous field. So it is actually capturing the text but for some reason it is not showing on the previous slide capture when that text box is active. We are capturing at a resolution of 1024x768.

Has anyone experienced this behavior? If so what was the solution?

Thank you.

Kyle

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kyle,

Yes, I have seen this one numerous times. Sometimes I find that pressing the Print Screen key after I have finished typing can help ensure that all the  characters are captured correcty. Pressing the PrntScn enables you to capture manually and is something that many Captivate users prefer to do rather than rely on Captivate's automatic capture engine.

To be fair, if you own Adobe Captivate 4, then you might find that the new Capture interim screenshot feature (located in the Preferences dialog) might capture all the text for you automatically. Though I have to say that I still prefer to press PrtScn just to be on the safe side.

HTH

Best - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources