• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback controls customized

Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all. I´m plain new to Adobe Captivate. I´m using the Captivate 4 trial (testing the program) to develop some interactive software trainings (well, entire lessons) to the schooll where I work.

Now, the people of the school want to know if (in Captivate), we could use a customizable "playback panel'.

They want a box with buttons like "next", "previous", "exit", "volume control", a progress area with the actual slide and the total slides, and an area to us to insert the text of the slide. They wanted this 'box" to stay in the right corner of the monitor, to leave more "open space" in the screen to the content, and to the student.

Well, I think that this could be made in Flash, but my Flash knowledge is a blank 0.

So, if anyone could help me to discover (and further, develop this), it will be very apreciated.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the english errors (english is not my native language).

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Hi again

Optimally, yes. You need someone that knows how to program in Flash to create custom playback controls.

You can fudge things a bit by not using a Captivate supplied playback control and simply using images with Click Boxes on them to carry out actions. But to get it right you really need someone that not only understands Flash pretty well, but also understands Captivate too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2009 Apr 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but your best bet here is to either:

• Come up to speed on Flash quickly (Sometimes Pizza or Chocolate help)
  • Befriend or hire a Flash Programmer to develop your custom playback controls

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick!

So, if I understand correctly your post, I´m correct: what I need is a flash component, and Captivate works with it.

To illustrate better, the school want something like what I have in this image below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the good link, Rick. Well, this is the image that I was talking about:

Capture.JPG

So, to do something like this corner 'control panel', I will really need some good Flash programmer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Optimally, yes. You need someone that knows how to program in Flash to create custom playback controls.

You can fudge things a bit by not using a Captivate supplied playback control and simply using images with Click Boxes on them to carry out actions. But to get it right you really need someone that not only understands Flash pretty well, but also understands Captivate too.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the good hand, Rick.

I will try to get some help with a friend to develop this, and to put this to work.

After the component´s done, I will try to put it to 'work' within the Captivate... specially the part with the "counting' of the slides...

Again, thank you. Your help is very appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources