1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2009 7:51 AM by Steve Grisetti

CUT FRAME OF VIDEO IN HALF TO MAKE SPLIT SCREEN

tvteacher2 Level 1

I use Premiere Elements 4.0.  I was wondering if you could cut the actual frame of video in half and only use half of the full screen and put it together with another video that you cut in half to make one full screen.  So, you would cut the left hand side of one video and the right hand side of another video and butt those two left over pieces to make one full screen of video.  Is that possible???

• 1. Re: CUT FRAME OF VIDEO IN HALF TO MAKE SPLIT SCREEN
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Of course it is -- in timeline, rather than sceneline mode.

Place one video on the Video 1 track. Apply the Crop effect to it, then right-click on the clip and select Show Properties. Open the properties listing for Crop and set all sides to 0% except for the right side, which you will set at 50%.

Place the other clip on the Video 2 track, directly above the first clip. Apply the Crop effect and show properties. Open the properties listing for Crop and set all sides to 0% except for the left side, which you will set to 50%.

That's basically it, though depending on how each clip is shot, you may need to reposition the clips and refine the croppings.

There are more details on these types of functions in my "Muvipix.com Guide to Premiere Elements 7", available on Amazon.com and on the products page of http://muvipix.com/phpBB3/