Unexplained errors like this are frequently caused by a corrupt site cache or configuration folder. The site cache is called WinFileCache-********.dat or MacFileCache-********.dat, and is located inside your personal Dreamweaver configuration folder (the asterisks represent a series of letters and numbers that might differ from computer to computer).
For Dreamweaver CS4, the configuration folder is at the following location:
- Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\<language>\Configuration
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\<language>\Configuration
- Mac OS X: Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS4:<language>:Configuration
The Dreamweaver configuration folders are hidden on Windows, so you need to enable the option to view hidden files and folders in order to locate them, as follows:
- In Vista, select Start > Computer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View. In Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files and folders.
- In Windows XP, select Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View. In Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files and folders.
First try deleting WinFileCache-********.dat or MacFileCache-********.dat, and restarting Dreamweaver.
If the problem persists, try deleting or renaming the configuration folder. When you restart Dreamweaver, it will create a new one, and reset all preferences back to their original settings. This usually fixes most common problems with Dreamweaver.
That got the job done, thanks
I followed your instructions exactly. Deleted file, restarted Dreamweaver CS4. Didn't help.
Deleted file, restarted computer. Didn't help.
Got the error message - not even a file to delete this time. It started up right away when I opened Dreamweaver.
Anything else I can do?
Could you help me out, I've got the same problem in Dreamweaver CS5 since this morning. Started all of a sudden.
JPEG Library Error: "Premature end of JPG file" with OK button. I click the button and it disappears and I can work on the html file in my editor. But often after some changes Dreamweaver quits.
That is bad news! I in fact updated to CS5 and my problems went away. I could not get it fixed in CS4 no matter what I tried.
What is the cache file location for CS3 in Vista?
had this occur in cs5.5. running on Windows 7. Deleted jpegs in the temp folder here:
Fixed it. Thanks for your helpful post!
This post was very helpful as well: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1929840#1929840