Unexplained errors like this are frequently caused by a corrupt site cache or configuration folder. The site cache is called WinFileCache-********.dat or MacFileCache-********.dat, and is located inside your personal Dreamweaver configuration folder (the asterisks represent a series of letters and numbers that might differ from computer to computer).
For Dreamweaver CS4, the configuration folder is at the following location:
- Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\<language>\Configuration
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\<language>\Configuration
- Mac OS X: Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS4:<language>:Configuration
The Dreamweaver configuration folders are hidden on Windows, so you need to enable the option to view hidden files and folders in order to locate them, as follows:
- In Vista, select Start > Computer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View. In Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files and folders.
- In Windows XP, select Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View. In Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files and folders.
First try deleting WinFileCache-********.dat or MacFileCache-********.dat, and restarting Dreamweaver.
If the problem persists, try deleting or renaming the configuration folder. When you restart Dreamweaver, it will create a new one, and reset all preferences back to their original settings. This usually fixes most common problems with Dreamweaver.
Could you help me out, I've got the same problem in Dreamweaver CS5 since this morning. Started all of a sudden.
JPEG Library Error: "Premature end of JPG file" with OK button. I click the button and it disappears and I can work on the html file in my editor. But often after some changes Dreamweaver quits.
had this occur in cs5.5. running on Windows 7. Deleted jpegs in the temp folder here:
Fixed it. Thanks for your helpful post!
This post was very helpful as well: http://forums.adobe.com/message/1929840#1929840