8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 8:17 PM by kcroy2011 RSS

JPEG Library Editor

LostMIke Community Member

Why am I getting a "Premature End of JPEG File" error in a JPEG Library Editor pop-up?

It happens every time I open DW CS4

• 1. Re: JPEG Library Editor
          David_Powers ACP

Unexplained errors like this are frequently caused by a corrupt site cache or configuration folder. The site cache is called WinFileCache-********.dat or MacFileCache-********.dat, and is located inside your personal Dreamweaver configuration folder (the asterisks represent a series of letters and numbers that might differ from computer to computer).

For Dreamweaver CS4, the configuration folder is at the following location:

• Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\<language>\Configuration
          • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\<language>\Configuration
          • Mac OS X: Macintosh HD:<username>:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS4:<language>:Configuration

The Dreamweaver configuration folders are hidden on Windows, so you need to enable the option to view hidden files and folders in order to locate them, as follows:

• In Vista, select Start > Computer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View. In Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files and folders.
          • In Windows XP, select Start > My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View. In Advanced settings, choose Show hidden files and folders.

First try deleting WinFileCache-********.dat or MacFileCache-********.dat, and restarting Dreamweaver.

If the problem persists, try deleting or renaming the configuration folder. When you restart Dreamweaver, it will create a new one, and reset all preferences back to their original settings. This usually fixes most common problems with Dreamweaver.

• 2. Re: JPEG Library Editor
            LostMIke Community Member

That got the job done, thanks

m

• 3. Re: JPEG Library Editor
              tgcllc

thank you!

• 4. Re: JPEG Library Editor
                tgcllc Community Member

I followed your instructions exactly. Deleted file, restarted Dreamweaver CS4. Didn't help.

Deleted file, restarted computer. Didn't help.

Got the error message - not even a file to delete this time. It started up right away when I opened Dreamweaver.

Anything else I can do?

• 5. Re: JPEG Library Editor
                  KitBak

Could you help me out, I've got the same problem in Dreamweaver CS5 since this morning. Started all of a sudden.

JPEG Library Error: "Premature end of JPG file" with OK button. I click the button and it disappears and I can work on the html file in my editor. But often after some changes Dreamweaver quits.

• 6. Re: JPEG Library Editor
                    tgcllc Community Member

That is bad news! I in fact updated to CS5 and my problems went away. I could not get it fixed in CS4 no matter what I tried.

• 7. Re: JPEG Library Editor
                      timtro Community Member

What is the cache file location for CS3 in Vista?

• 8. Re: JPEG Library Editor
                        kcroy2011 Community Member

had this occur in cs5.5. running on Windows 7. Deleted jpegs in the temp folder here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\Temp\DownloadCache

Fixed it. Thanks for your helpful post!

This post was very helpful as well:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/1929840#1929840