10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2008 5:35 PM by Newsgroup_User

Any

rgptech
      I am creating a horizontal navigation bar in DW and noticed that it looks different in IE than FF. FF displays the navbar correctly, whereas IE displays the sub-menus at the top of the page, rather than underneath the main menu. Can someone tell me what part of the Spry needs to be modified to correct this issue? I'm lost!

Go here to see the example - try it in FF then IE
      Horizontal Navbar
        • 1. Re: Any
          malcster2 Level 1
          have you been fiddling with the spry css file?
          • 2. Re: Any
            rgptech Level 1
            but - of course!
            • 3. Re: Any
              malcster2 Level 1
              what i would do, and this is by no means a comprehensive answer, is started it from scratch.

reload the default spry css.

change the colour to your liking. and test one change at a time in various browsers. you will then discover where you went wrong. good luck
              • 4. Re: Any
                rgptech Level 1
                Thanks. I'm sure that is the best way to learn, but I've re-done this twice and have a lot of time invested in it so I was hoping I could get a "magical" fix. One thing for sure - I don't even know if the default spry looks the same in IE as it does in FF. That will be my first thing I check before making any modifications.
                Thanks for the quick response!
                • 5. Re: Any
                  Level 7
                  Just FYI - the subject line has an important purpose on a forum like this -
                  it's not just a throwaway to type any old thing into. If you had used
                  something like "Spry menu looks different in IE than Firefox", you would
                  probably have gotten a lot more help..

--
                  Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com
                  Free Articles on the Business of Web Development
                  Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form, Estimate Worksheet
                  --

"rgptech" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                  news:g9rchm$5l4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                  >I am creating a horizontal navigation bar in DW and noticed that it looks
                  > different in IE than FF. FF displays the navbar correctly, whereas IE
                  > displays
                  > the sub-menus at the top of the page, rather than underneath the main
                  > menu.
                  > Can someone tell me what part of the Spry needs to be modified to correct
                  > this
                  > issue? I'm lost!
                  >
                  > Go here to see the example - try it in FF then IE
                  > http://www.comprehensivetherapy.com/newlook/home
                  >

• 6. Re: Any
                    rgptech Level 1
                    Thanks, maybe I should re-post my question???
                    • 7. Re: Any
                      Level 7
                      Couldn't hurt.

--
                      Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                      Adobe Community Expert
                      (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                      ==================
                      http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                      http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                      ==================

news:g9rel5$7r5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                      > Thanks, maybe I should re-post my question???
                      >

• 8. Re: Any
                        malcster2 Level 1
                        why don't you just do a test page with the same spry bar. get it right in all browsers, and then change the code where neccessary in your main site...again, this is just what i would do.
                        • 9. Re: Any
                          rgptech Level 1
                          Good Suggestion! I am doing that and checking both browsers as I go. That's!
                          • 10. Re: Any
                            Level 7
                            Hello,

I think you're having trouble because of all of the divs that are inserted
                            into the lists that make up the menu.
                            When you highlight text in a spry menu and use the "align text" icon in the
                            properties window, it inserts divs with an align value and it can wreak
                            havoc in IE.
                            In IE, everything in the div with alignment applied is aligned that way, not
                            just the text.

You should align your text by adding a text-align rule to the link style in
                            the spry CSS.
                            If you delete all the divs in the menu (and the spans as well) , then adjust
                            the link CSS in the spry stylesheet, I think you'll see a big difference.

Take care,
                            Tim

news:g9rchm$5l4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                            >I am creating a horizontal navigation bar in DW and noticed that it looks
                            > different in IE than FF. FF displays the navbar correctly, whereas IE
                            > displays
                            > the sub-menus at the top of the page, rather than underneath the main
                            > menu.
                            > Can someone tell me what part of the Spry needs to be modified to correct
                            > this
                            > issue? I'm lost!
                            >
                            > Go here to see the example - try it in FF then IE
                            > http://www.comprehensivetherapy.com/newlook/home
                            >