10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 10:28 PM by AmoryWong

How do I force a render

rockyweih Level 1

I opened a old project (created in CS 3 back open in CS 3)  and some of the clips and audio do not play right. If I tell it to render it just starts playing. How can I force CS3 to re render the whole project? Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I force a render
          Eddie Lotter Level 4

You need to set your Work Area Bar to cover the area you want to render first.

Cheers
          Eddie

• 2. Re: How do I force a render
            rockyweih Level 1

I did put the work bar over the area. Premiere thinks the clips and audio DO NOT need rendered so it will not render it. The clips play while scrubbed but in play they get lost. I had this before and added a brightness filter or something and it rendered and then was OK. There is to many clips to do this now. I need to just make Premiere render. Thanks

• 3. Re: How do I force a render
              Eddie Lotter Level 4

Okay, then please provide these details to help us help you.

Cheers
              Eddie

• 4. Re: How do I force a render
                rockyweih Level 1

Details for what? I stored this project on a external hard drive and every time I bring it back on a drive to update it, it gets screwed up. It needs to render but it thinks it does not. Do I need to put a worthless filter in everything just to get CS3 to render it? This is stupid CS3 does not have a force render someplace. Any ideas beside details? It doesnt matter what PC, software or what ever Im using it's a CS3 thing. Thanks

• 5. Re: How do I force a render
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Render is only possible when there is a red or yellow line in the timeline. Render is for preview only.

• 6. Re: How do I force a render
                    rockyweih Level 1

I went through and put a brightness and contrast filter with no settings on each of the poor playing clips. It rendered and now plays fine again. Some of them were slow mption clips some were not. Weird things CS3 does sometimes. Maybe in CS5 or 6 things will get better. I know CS4 is a worthless program so I'm still happy CS3 works most the time. Thanks

• 7. Re: How do I force a render
                      Eddie Lotter Level 4

It doesnt matter what PC, software or what ever Im using

If that's what you think then you're beyond my help.

Best of luck to you.

Cheers
                      Eddie

• 8. Re: How do I force a render
                        rockyweih Level 1

Eddie

Sorry but that's the fact. I'm not ungrateful for any help, but you did'nt have a answer because there is none in CS3. I know what the problem is, when a project is opened after a long time sometimes Premiere can't play it back right. It shows one clip but plays a differant one. Some times on a slow motion clip it just stops playing and shows a still sitting there. If you tell Premiere to render it thinks it don't have to and just starts playing the clip. Once you force it to render, deleat and replace the clip, or change it's property like adding a useless effect it then renders and it's fine. I was hoping for a Ctrl R something that would tell Premiere. HEY RENDER YOU IDIOT or something. I have seen this over the years many times and in several computers. It's a CS3 thing and if I can't do it without a famous Adobe work around then that's what I need to do. Hardware and or software conflits are one thing, this is anouther. I do have it all working again by adding the effects and rendering. Thanks for your help

• 9. Re: How do I force a render
                          Jim_Simon Level 8

I know what the problem is, when a project is opened after a long time sometimes Premiere can't play it back right.

That is the symptom, not the problem.  And it is a local symptom, meaning not everyone will experience it.  So something is going on with your setup that is causing those symptoms, which is why Eddie was asking for details.  To eliminate the symptom, it helps to understand the actual problem.  To understand the problem, we need information.  Make sense?

If you tell Premiere to render it thinks it don't have to and just starts playing the clip.

That's because it doesn't really have to, you only want it to.  Currently, there is no way to tell Premiere to render something just because you want to.  Premiere will only render something it has to.

• 10. Re: How do I force a render
                            AmoryWong

I have Premiere 6.0 and to re-render everything, I select any clip and under the Project Menu, I select Replace Clips and this will force a render for the whole timeline.