2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2009 2:14 PM by nicknameforme

Can I relicense Master Collection as Production Premium

nicknameforme Level 1

I own Master Collection CS4 and Production Premium CS4.  I have MC on my old computer.  Now that I'm setting up my new computer, I'd like to run PP on the old computer and Master Collection on the new one.

To save myself the hassle of uninstalling all of MC and then installing PP (which has many of the same apps) -- is there a way to change the activation on MC so I can JUST use the programs that are within the Production Premium subset?

• 1. Re: Can I relicense Master Collection as Production Premium
          fishging

I have the EXACT question.  Have you figured this out yet?

Thanks,

• 2. Re: Can I relicense Master Collection as Production Premium
            nicknameforme Level 1

Well, I just went ahead and tried the most obvious route.  I realized when you activate it lets you change the serial number... therefore:  I started up Photoshop on my old computer and then Illustrator.  It told me it was deactivated and asked if I wanted to activate.  I then chose the option where it lets you change the serial number.  I entered the number for Production Premium and it accepted it.  I just did this 5 minutes ago, so I don't know if it's going to stick -- but it looks like I'll be able to use all the apps that are part of PP, and not the other ones that exist outside of PP but were installed as part of the Master Collection.  Hopefully it continues to behave -- because that was pretty easy.