2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2009 10:02 AM by Mylenium

Transitions don't work after importing a project from Premiere to AE

fredou_79 Level 1

I've imported a project from Premiere CS3 to AE CS3 and all my transition (fade + wipes) are now solids and they don't work on timeline or on exports, but they still show in my sequence.

How can I make AE use those transition again so I don't have to go through all project and keyframe transitions.

Notice that I use Cineform and that those transition are Cineform's one; hope that doesn't cause the problem since AE uses CF too.

Thnak you for your time and interest in my problem.

• 1. Re: Transitions don't work after importing a project from Premiere to AE
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Transitions available in Premiere Pro are not available in After Effects. There is nothing similar in the way the two programs process transitions. The normal work flow is to use AE to clean up shots and then do your editing, which includes transitions, in a NLE.

I know of no compositing / motion graphics program that will recognize transitions from a NLE.

• 2. Re: Transitions don't work after importing a project from Premiere to AE
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

fredou_79 wrote:

Notice that I use Cineform and that those transition are Cineform's one; hope that doesn't cause the problem since AE uses CF too.

Exactly the problem. AE is only to able to translate a few transitions, which include the normal cross-disolve, linear wipe, dip-to-color and a few others, but since those routines are hard-coded in the Premiere Pro Importer, they have no way f doing the same for third-party products. So more or less you will have to rebuild your stuff, either by using the proper transitions in PPro or in AE.

Mylenium