12 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2009 3:46 PM by the_wine_snob

So where is all this supposed downloadable content?

rick7653 Level 1

Paid the 49 bucks to get the full premiere elements 7 subscription. Said in the ad we are supposed to get all kinds of cool downloadable content from adobe. So far I have seen 4 or 5 new disc menus and thats about it. What's the deal Adobe? I didn't need the storage space I just wanted the supposed extra cool content you advertised.

• 1. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, this is just a user-to-user forum. No one from Adobe is on-line here. Adobe provides the forum, but we're just "chickens" in their henhouse.

Now, I would assume that you have subscribed to the on-line additional content, thru PE7. Unfortunately, I have not seen what they offer, as I only have PE4. I have read that there is additional Functional Content available.

There has been discussion on Muvipix.com, regarding the additional content. You might get some worthwhile info from the "Community" area on that site.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

4 or 5 templates? There should be more like 70. Did you install all of the content from the installation disc?

In addition, the program links to Photoshop.com, which offers even more content in the form of themes, DVD templates and tutorials.

• 3. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
              rick7653 Level 1

What I meant was I got all the downloadable content there was. 5 lousy pieces and thats all for 50 bucks. What a rip. Yes I have all 70 from the install disk but in their advertisement they made a really big deal about how if you give them the 50 bucks you have access to all this great downloadable stuff. Ripoff if you ask me. I didn't need the extra storage. I already have 6TB. Just wanted the supposed great downloadable content. Oh well shame on me for being a sucker to another big company.

• 4. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                Paul_LS Level 4

As time goes by they will add more content, whether it is worth the $50 annual subscription is another thing. At least you guys have a choice... it is not an option outside the US. But from what you say I probably wouldn't subscribe anyway...

• 5. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?

I encourage you guys to let Adobe know of your frustrations, rather than just posting to the user-to-user forum.

You can contact Adobe by clicking on the Contact button at the very top of this web page.

• 6. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Worthwhile advice, as usual. As I do not have PE7, I have not looked at the "additional functional content," offerings, but had *assumed* that there was quite a bit available. From other discussions, it seemed that what the OP is seeing is the material that is free, and not what is available to the full-subscription users. Maybe I am wrong on this, and there really isn't all that much available yet. The threads on Muvipix indicated that there was much more, but I have not been to the Adobe site, so do not know for certain. I WILL say that there is a ton of "additional functional content" available at Muvipix for subscribers to that site, or for purchase to non-subscribers. Also, there is some free content, as well.

Yes, US$50/year for a few items sounds totally out of line to me, also. Heck, Adobe Exchange is free and one could spend a month just downloading the content there for a suite of Adobe programs!

Hope that someone gets to the bottom of this, as I would be disappointed in Adobe if that is all there is.

Hunt

• 7. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Rick,

I am not trying to be an Adobe-apologist here, but are you sure that you logged into the Adobe.com site correctly as a subscriber? Reason that I ask is that what you are describing sounds suspiciously like what is free to all, and not the complete lineup of content available to subscribers. I've accidently logged into Hertz's site and not done so as a "#1 Gold" member. All of a sudden I wasn't seeing any of my "bonus" offerings, etc. Everything looked right, but it was just a log-in error on my part.

What is being described does not sound like Adobe. I hope that I am right, 'cause I'd be miffed too, and would yell even more loudly than you are - just to Adobe directly.

Good luck, and please update us with what you find out. In the meantime, take a look at the content at Muvipix. Some is free, the bulk is either for purchase, or free with a subscription. I know, you already have one of those with Adobe.com, but I can attest to the quantity and quality of the Muvipix content.

Hunt

• 8. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                        VideoJohnny Level 1

Let's not speculate. As a plus member I can tell you the facts.

Adobe periodically releases new content. Here is what has been made available:

Oct 2008 - Scary Halloween instant movie theme with title templates and DVD menu template.

Nov 2008 - Autumn Leaves instant movie theme with title templates and DVD menu template.

Dec 2008 - Christmas instant movie theme with title templates and DVD menu template.

Jan 2009 - Valentine instant movie theme with title templates and DVD menu template

March 2009 - New Blue Effects - 5 effects + 5 transitions

April 2009 - Spring Flowers instant movie theme with title templates and DVD menu template.

So far this is all the available content to plus members for Premiere Elements.

Content is also availableif you have Photoshop Elements.

There is no content availble with the standard free membership.

• 9. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

VideoJohnny,

Thank you for the clarification. I had no way to check on what was available. I also did not realize that no content was available to non-Plus members. This info will be useful to others.

The list is not as long as I had suspected. Maybe it was the PSE content that sounded a bit more impressive.

If one wants more, they'll just to be patient, until Adobe adds more, or go to sites like Muvipix and subscribe for their "premium" content.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 10. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?

So you have let Adobe know how you feel, right?

• 11. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                              rick7653 Level 1

Thanks for all the replies. Consider this post dead now please. Enough has been said about it. I did figure out that when you start PE7 if you read the little internet animations that pop up on the VERY FIRST PAGE it tells you when and what is available. There is some new content there now. Also when you are in the program if you click on anything i.e. transitions for instance and you go to the drop down menu at the upper left of transitions it says all the types. At the bottom of that list it says from photoshop.com. There it shows you all the new content for transitions. You right click on the transition you want and say make available offline and it downloads it. Same for dvd menus, themes etc. There is not a lot of it but at least there is some.

• 12. Re: So where is all this supposed downloadable content?
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

Nah, so far if I wanted any additional content, I just picked it up from Muvipix, or built it myself. Now, if I were using the "Themes" I might be tempted, but have yet to use any of them. Besides, I'm not ready to move up to PE7 anyway.

Well, gotta' go and build some more DVD Menus in PS...

Hunt