• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyway to convert a .mpg file to .flv file?

New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I Hope this is the right forum.

I can convert .mov to a Flash file, but I can't even get an .mpg file to open.

Is there anyways I can convert this using Flah CS3 or any freeware that exist out there?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Flash CS3 Video Encoder (ships with Flash CS3) or if you using CS4 then you also get Adobe Media Encoder CS4.

Other then that, you can always open it in any adobe video editing software to convert.

There are aswell some other freetools around the net, search in www.videohelp.com for guides and such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that you can convert a .mpg to .flv with Adobe Media Encoder, but the audio disappears. Any way to make that happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2009 Jun 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use MPG Streamclip to get the Mpg into a format you can work with..

It wont drop the audio..the prob there is that its muxed...this app is handy

peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this Video To Flash Converter. It converts any video format to SWF/FLV without any quality lossless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use a free web-based app called Acethinker video converter to convert MPG video to FLV video, works pretty well for me. If you are interested in it, here are the steps to use acethinker.

Step 1. Run your web browser and visit the video converter, you can google search for it, this app compatibles with IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.

Step 2. Click 'Select files to start' to open the converter and import your MPG videos.

Step 3. In the format drop down menu, select FLV as output format

Step 4. Click 'Convert' and select a folder in your computer to save the converted video.

Step 5. Click 'Start' to run the conversion, it will take a few minutes to finish the task, Once the conversion is finished, you can click 'Open folder' to located your converted video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try ffmpeg, just to change the container:

ffmpeg -i infile.mpg -c copy -f flv outfile.flv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines