2 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2009 10:38 AM by Michael Jinabi Winner

Animated Web Banner. Need advice.

Michael Jinabi Winner

I am trying to build a web banner, the functionality of which has to be pretty identical to the one on the following home page http://www.perfectblue.co.uk/. The only difference is that I am using static images, not flvs like in that banner. I am sitting here planning how to build it but its going right over my head. Can anyone give me any advice about how to script something that works like that? At a first glance, I thought possibley onRollOver / RollOut functions but now I'm not so sure. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Animated Web Banner. Need advice.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't see anything going on regarding rollout activity, so you probably only need to address the rollover and click activities in your code.

You should look into using coded Tweens for the sliding animation, where each Tween starts from the current x position and goes to the ending x position.

You probably only need a function that tweens all the items at once, every time, where the current position of one or more may already be the ending position, so while the tween for those would still be executed, it wouldn't actually move since the start and the end are the same values.

You just need to define all the ending positions every time a rollover occurs, based on which item is rolled over, and then call the function that tweens them all.  I have not thought thru the method by which you define/store/specify the ending values for each item (each would have two possible ending values), but hopefully you can come up with something after a bit of thought.

• 2. Re: Animated Web Banner. Need advice.
            Michael Jinabi Winner Level 1

Thank you very much for your reply.

You were exactly right and, after some thought and planning, I have indeed managed to write a code to perform the tasks perfectly. Once again, thank you for the advice, it was exactly what I needed .