I am trying to capture with my Canon HV 30 camera with Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0
Here are the steps of my unsuccessful captures.
1. Get media
2. HDV Camcorder
3. Capture source: Canon HV30 camera appears in box
4. I can control the playback functions of the camcorder in elementsI(FF,RW)
5. When I click play, camera plays tape and timeline displays correct tape time. I see no video in the playback window.
6. When I click capture, camera plays but no video is seen in playback window. Only an image with chinese text.
7. When I stop capture, playback window loses image with chinese text and an image of my video is seen.
8. When I attempt to open captured video file, it does not play and properties indicate a file with 1 kb.
I am using a Toshiba Satellite a355-s6925 laptop for transfer.
Please help very frustrated user,
Premiere Elements isn't cleared for Vista 64. It often works, in automatic 32-bit compatibility mode, but occasional driver issues (such as it appears you're experiencing) can occur.
First ensure that you have all the latest drivers. Go to your graphic card's manufacturer's site rather than Windows Update to ensure you have the very latest for your graphics card, per the FAQs to the right of this forum.
Also ensure that you have the latest Quicktime.
If that and possibly an uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements still doesn't fix it, you may need to contact Adobe Tech Support.
Although, as I said, this isn't a 64-bit program, so there are no guarantees.
As mentioned by Steve you need to upgrade your drivers and give it a shot once again.