I'm trying to create a photo gallery and thumbnails in Flash. I've completed the following:
1. Open a New Flash document (action script2.0).
2. Properties Panel to change the size of the stage to 600x400 pixels and set the frame rate to 16 frames per second.
3. Select all of your images and thumbnails and imported them to the Library.
4. Rename the 1st Layer to masterclipmc
5. Select Rectangle from the Tool Bar and draw out a box.
6. Align the rectangle to the stage CTRL “K” by selecting “to stage”, then vertically and horizontally center align.
7. Select F8 to make a movie clip. Name it masterclipMC
8. Delete the rectangle by double clicking it.
9. Then double click anywhere outside on the stage to back out of that layer.
10. Select all the images and create a movie clip for each. F8 (img1, img2,….etc)
11. Made a new folder and put the original images in a newly created folder.
12. Went to libraries and right click on masterclipMC. Select edit.
15. Rename the frame to ”photos”
16. Select the movie clips and drag them onto the stage. Realign them to the center.
17. Shut off the visibility of the layer.
18. Create a thumbs and thumbs action script layers
19. Tried to bring my thumbnails to the stage.
I get a circle with a line through it on the stage.
What am I doing or not doing correctly?
the selected layer is locked. just above the timeline (where you're trying to drop your library items) is an eye, lock and square. clicking the lock toggles the layer lock for all layers. also, each layer has a lock you can toggle independently of the other layers.
unlock the layer you want to use to drop objects into.
kglad's exactly right. The layer you're dragging to has to be unlocked and visible.
17. Shut off the visibility of the layer....
There's you're problem right there in step 7.