2 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2009 1:53 PM by JBargas

Can you call a dreamweaver layer/iframe from a flash rollover?

JBargas

I have a flah heading with rollovers and the body of the web page is done in iframes and layers, can I hide and open layers with the rollover in the flash part of my web page

thanks

Jbargs

• 1. Re: Can you call a dreamweaver layer/iframe from a flash rollover?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can use ExternalInterface to have javascript act as the middleman between the Flash movie and the html page.  Here's a link that explains it for both AS2 and AS3.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/156/tn_15683.html

• 2. Re: Can you call a dreamweaver layer/iframe from a flash rollover?
            JBargas Level 1

Hi Ned

I must be dense this year and last,

Anyway I have this code in my action for the rollover and it works fine it calls the web page and replays the flash movie and you need to wait until things finish to go on. I am trying to have the same flash movie and just change the HTML page in a layer or Iframe by using the rollover action to call the layer / Iframe by name, it would need to close the page and open the next page.

The example looks like to me that this is sending data to a HTML Form.

After looking at the code I would guess it would be better in an layer which you can show and hide???

I have not done this for a long time and this just keep getting better and I seem to be left behind.

on (rollOver) {
                 gotoAndPlay("s1");
            }
            on (rollOut, releaseOutside) {
                gotoAndPlay("s2");
            }
            on (release) {
                if(_root.url2==""||_root.url2=

=undefined){
                    getURL("http://ctlalt.com/index_about.html", "_self")
                     }
                    else{
                        getURL(_root.url2,"_self")
                        }
            }